Thread: Retro Gamer Magazine is back.

Acorn Electron User

Default Retro Gamer Magazine is back.

I've just received an all new, revised design, issue 19 of Retro Gamer.

As any previous RG readers may know, the publishing company that previously issued the mag went bust and a lot of subscribers lost out on paid for issues of the mag.

The title has been taken over by Imagine Publishing who kindly have offered to send out new copies of the mag to those who previously were subscribing to the mag when it vanished.

I have just received my first installment today in the post and it seems pretty good. I've yet to read it in depth but there's been a redesign with a more contemporary look to it. The cover disc is no more, but the price is cheaper than before - it's £4.99 now.

I think those that previously enjoyed this mag will still do so as it's features are still very much based on the earlier RG's content.

Nothing much on the Dreamcast, but here's hoping an in-depth look at the homebrew scene may appear in the future, or even a review of Rajirugi when it gets released. I know Wraggster appeared in an older issue discussing the DC and it's homebrew scene so maybe a future appearance? Here's hoping.

Read of this on a board set up by staff from the old one a couple of months back, hiopefully this time it'll live on for a nice long time, not to mention hopefully my local newsagent will get it in. I do wonder if this has affected the Retro Lives cd that the old staff had planned though if theyve gone to the new form of the mag

Thread Information