Thread: Wiiengine 1.2 - PC Engine Emulator for Nintendo Wii

Blog Entries

Rev Wiiengine 1.2 - PC Engine Emulator for Nintendo Wii

Hermes over at elotrolado has released a new version of the PCEngine emulator for the Nintendo Wii:

09-09-2008 Wiiengine 1.2

-- Added an option to exit from the shipper screen selection of ROMs (Click less and confirms)

-- Now you can use the button least as SELECT (remember that you can use the button for the same MAS)

-- Added an option to exchange and SELECT buttons RUN (Configuration menu)

-- The Nunchuck is now supported: Use the stick, A -> I, B -> II & PLUS MINUS -> SELECT, 1 -> RUN (remember you can exchange RUN & SELECT from CONFIGURATION)

-- Some games like Street Fighter 2 or Strip Fighter now operate without corruption graph.

-- Fixed some problems with sound

Hello

Here I am presenting an emulator of PCEngine ported from the version I made for GP2X, gp2xengine, with a few things improved:

-- Supports roms in format. Pce or compressed. Bz2 (the program can compress this format, pressing a button). Zip

-- Supports ISOs and a special file,. Toc which contains a description of all tracks of audio data. In other words: my emulator supports audio as well (which may be in formats. WAV or. OGG) or discs with multiple tracks of data.

-- I have prepared a utility to you cree file. Toc and tracks data format. Iso formato.ogg and audio from a CD-ROM image as a CUE / BIN

-- It supports up to four Wiimote and you can configure the buttons to add or autofire exchange, for example

-- You can save the state complete a game and retrieve it later to continue playing. The saves are compressed to minimize space

-- It can capture a frame format. Bmp and then view it from the same Wii or export it to the PC to portray a good death, a score achieved or any curiosity. When entering a rom the meter is set to 0 and go to number catches in succession.

On the stand CDROM, for example, dracula X is reduced its size from 506MB of. Bin by just 63 MB iso / ogg.

We recommend that you read the readme.txt, especially how to create files. Toc (though the utility will create all the bincuesplit automatically, if you have the game on CD-ROM image format BIN / CUE.

I hope you like

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

DCEmu Rookie

be careful when compressing an iso with the bincuesplit.exe because track3.ogg always had an annoying buzzing sound.

Great to see this is being actively worked on, and nice features are being added. I'm still getting missing sounds on DracX, and I'm unsure if it's my particular game data or a problem to be worked out with the emulator. If anyone can shed some light on this it would be much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by kevenz View Post
    be careful when compressing an iso with the bincuesplit.exe because track3.ogg always had an annoying buzzing sound.
    Add 5 seconds to every time listed in the .CUE before using BinCueSplit.

DCEmu Rookie

Thanks, will try that then.

Does this version support Sapphire and Classic Controller?

Thread Information