Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: NEOGEO/AES Tests

DCEmu Newbie

OK, I see I have the wrong ng-lo.rom; mine's 128 kb.

DCEmu Newbie

OK, I got the correct bios files (according to Shikigami's list), and I unzipped the .rom files in my svcplus.zip and renamed them according to the romrc file and I still get the "no valid romset" error. This is maddening!! Where have I gone wrong?

I tried using some other roms such as Metal Slug X and I get that same error. Shikigami, did you have to rename anything to get your SVC Chaos to work?

Default HOWTO convert

The problem with the 'No valid romset' could simply be that the ZIP file you have contains a bunch of things, one of them being another zip with the romset in - this happened to me - check the contents of the zip, if one of the items inside is another zip (in directory 'roms' for example) try extracting that and use convertneo on it.

Also, I noticed that people are adding the neogeo bios files to the ZIP files they are trying to convert - this is not the way it works - you put the following 4 files into neo4all_aes-alpha\windows\convertneo\bios\

aes-bios.bin (131,072 bytes)
    ng-lo.rom (65,536 bytes)
    ng-sfix.rom (131,072 bytes)
    sfix.sfx (131,072 bytes)

Now, CD to neo4all_aes-alpha\windows\convertneo and run:

convertneo <romset.zip>

(eg. convertneo C:\TEMP\SHOCKTRO.zip)

The aes file is written to the same directory as the original zip - in the example above, it would be C:\TEMP\shocktro.aes.

To test it on Windows, copy it to neo4all_aes-alpha\windows\roms, CD to
    neo4all_aes-alpha\windows\emulator and run neo4all_aes.exe. Now, from the main menu choose 'Select ROM', go into 'roms' and select the aes file you just produced.

Finally, from the main menu select 'Run'...

DCEmu Coder

I do all of that, Have correct neo roms etc but still get the message 'No found bios rom'

The neo rom is fine and it converts that but it then looks at my neo geo bios roms and it does not work.. These are the ones I use for Mame

Help!

Txs Fox & Chui for this emu

-For the people

The most problem of convert roms is that roms are of MVS no AES!!!! Or have other CRC, please... found the ROM in AES or... wait for next versions because this version is a alpha....

Other problems... more people say... when i use the convert program i've the Bios error... this is for the same... you've bios of Neo Geo MVS! not AES!

-For Chui, Fox and others developers of this N4A/AES

I test SVC and... GREAT!

Only I found a small problem and this night i prove it burn again the CD with Dummy file for this is the error. The problem that I say is that in the intro of SVC all time is loading the CD and the intro is stoping all the time and when I play is the same but..... when I eject CD in middle of fight.... no have this problem... the game is a fullspeed but when I do movements that i not do after this are see pixelateds. Only is say of the conclusion that without CD the game no is stoping all the time. "This is not critic... is only help in the develope of emu "

Txs!

PD.: Sorry for my english :P

Quote Originally Posted by quzar
    this doesn't use mame roms, it's an AES (home system) emulator. the roms are much harder to find, because there are only a handfull of emulators for it and there is no reason to play it over MVS (it is basically the same system, without an rtc and easier difficulty settings).

No, i use normal roms what i ran with other emulators: GNGEO, NEBULA and MAME.
    I think that convertneo not support some encripter roms and today we need no-encripter roms.

About BIOS, it is easy, uncompress neogeo.zip from MAME on bios/ directory and find aes-bios.bin (128KBytes) and copy it too.

I will try have more filters and correct messages for next convertneo releases.

Thanks to everybody !

DCEmu Newbie

I have tried the games Blazestar and Pulstar (on windows and DC).
    Both are unplayable because of heavy graphic troubles. In Pulstar neither Background nor sprites are drawn correct. In Pulstar I cannot even recognize the ships or the air route. But the fonts in both games are perfect.
    (In Mame the roms are working)

Could the problem caused by my version of ng-lo.rom?
    It's actually a 128 kbyte version. Because I couldnt find the 64k version I edited the file in a hex editor and deleted the last 64k. This should actually work. Somewhere I read the new 64 k version is just the same dump as the old 128k and the first 64k are identical.
    The crc checksum for my edited ng-lo.rom is E09E253C.

Meanwhile I found the file 000-lo.lo. Assuming that must be the right file I renamed it to ng-lo.rom. The crc-checksum is also E09E253C. But the same happens with this aes in the emulator.

What could it be?

Dream Coder

Quote Originally Posted by chui
    No, i use normal roms what i ran with other emulators: GNGEO, NEBULA and MAME.
    I think that convertneo not support some encripter roms and today we need no-encripter roms.

About BIOS, it is easy, uncompress neogeo.zip from MAME on bios/ directory and find aes-bios.bin (128KBytes) and copy it too.

I will try have more filters and correct messages for next convertneo releases.

Thanks to everybody !
    The problem is that each version of MAME uses different romsets, gneogeo depends on dat files, and nebula ususally depends on the newest mame definitions.
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

Slybeast - I didn't have to rename anything, maybe you should try others svcplus.zip files until you find a good one, it'll be faster than renaming everything each time...

DCEmu Newbie

So far, I've tried Metal Slug X, Shock Troopers, and Art of Fighting.

No problems converting the first two games, but AoF gave me the "No valid romset found for source rom file" message. Didn't bother with it, and burned the two other games.
    Metal slug X runs at good speed, but has some lang during the game while loading from the CD. Shock Troopers runs even better, with hardly any lag.

Great job!

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread Information