Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NEO4ALL/AES alpha released

drcacho, thanks for releasing this GUI! Been using it for my disc. Very nice

Quote Originally Posted by drcacho
    Hi, i made a little tool for batch convert roms with convertneo. Just put the executable on the convertneo.exe folder and execute.

Enjoy
    Thanks for GUI.

I have to say it's incredible how good most games do work with this emu. Very close to perfection. Thank you once again Chui

*bows*

I got some questions: When will FAZE be implemented into Neo4All ? Will Neo4All/AES & Neo4All/CD merge at some point ?

Yes, NEO4ALL/CD and NEO4ALL/AES are 2 fork of same source emulator like mame and mess.

But implement FAZE spends a long time.

DCEmu Newbie

I keep getting a bad file when i download. Anyone else getting this?

Quote Originally Posted by Christuserloeser
    I have to say it's incredible how good most games do work with this emu. Very close to perfection. Thank you once again Chui

*bows*

I got some questions: When will FAZE be implemented into Neo4All ? Will Neo4All/AES & Neo4All/CD merge at some point ?
    Unfortunately, the merge has some issues . Chui and me were talking about that before AES release, and we were agree about some memory restrictions:

We should not keep Neo-Geo CD BIOS (512 KB) in RAM because that will put AES memory capabilities under pressure. AES wants as much free RAM as you can. Otherwise, we could allocate and deallocate BIOS depending on console mode. However, that will force user to put in the BIOS disc inside DC anytime we want to go back to CD mode.
    In addition, many code differs making things harder.

In practice, you may think you will only play in one mode (AES/CD) each time you turn on Neo4all, but who knows...

Anyway, i want to see the two creatures in the same thing too, of course. Lately, FAME has lightweighted notably (around 170 KB) and FAZE will be smaller than current z80 core so let we see what can we do here.

Greetings.
    - fox68k -

Quote Originally Posted by Christuserloeser
    I got some questions: When will FAZE be implemented into Neo4All ?
    Hard to say for the moment. If you want to know about FAZE progress, take a look at this topic.
    - fox68k -

DCEmu Newbie

Hi, it is possible to compress the rom gfx with the Vector Quantization of dreamcast?

Chui & Fox, thanks for your replies. I've been playing Neo4All/CD & AES a lot lately. I can't thank you enough for your great work with the emus

It's almost scary how good this emulator is

Quote Originally Posted by fox68k
    We should not keep Neo-Geo CD BIOS (512 KB) in RAM because that will put AES memory capabilities under pressure. AES wants as much free RAM as you can. Otherwise, we could allocate and deallocate BIOS depending on console mode. However, that will force user to put in the BIOS disc inside DC anytime we want to go back to CD mode.
    In addition, many code differs making things harder.

In practice, you may think you will only play in one mode (AES/CD) each time you turn on Neo4all, but who knows...

Anyway, i want to see the two creatures in the same thing too, of course. Lately, FAME has lightweighted notably (around 170 KB) and FAZE will be smaller than current z80 core so let we see what can we do here.
    Cutting the size of FAME for about 170 KB is very impressive !

Regarding merging both emus: I think it probably would be the best to switch the whole emus ! If you'd add a menu option to switch between CD/AES (and maybe later on MVS) emulation, the whole .BIN (including NEOCD.BIN) would be unloaded from RAM and the other emu would be loaded. That way the emus still would be seperate projects with their different code, but for the user it would feel like one big NeoGeo emulator

Would that be possible ?

If you ever merge both emus, the Neo4All/CD MOD would have my vote for the menu music. I love that brilliant tune! Great find that is!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information