Thread: Metal Gear Acid 2 on PSP with Free 3D Display Device

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Metal Gear Acid 2 on PSP with Free 3D Display Device

I posted the news yesterday of Metal Gear Acid 2 on PSP but Lik Sang did such a good article it deserves more exposure:

Last December Metal Gear Acid, the spin off strategy card game launched with the PSP. Now the sequel has arrived and all pre-ordered copies are already winging their way over to you right now, complete with the free "Solid Eye Tobidacid" device. As you can see this goes onto the front of your PSP, blocks outside light, and through two eye holes at the top, produces true 3D graphics. While it isn't suitable for use everywhere (you can turn 3D mode off), it's perfect for anywhere you have some privacy, and the effect is excellent.

The games theatre mode allows you to view video clips from special cards collected during gameplay in true 3D, which according to the official website "includes a sexy scene with Eva". In that spirit, Konami also buddied up with a Japanese men's magazine called Sabra, and their female idol models are featured exclusively in this Japanese release and you can check 'em out with the Solid Eye.

Moving onto the actual game, there's an all new story this time around, starting when Snake is suddenly taken captive by a man who calls himself an FBI agent. Coaxed into infiltrating a research facility, Snake soon finds a cleverly devised trap involving the U.S. military and Venus, a female secret agent who holds the key to top secret research and the third generation Metal Gear. All the while Snake’s mind is flooded with troubling thoughts as he tries to put together the pieces of his fateful past.

During gameplay you'll be able to switch between the two lead characters, Solid Snake and Teliko Venus. This is the first of many major changes the sequel brings with it, and to quote Konami's official website the new gameplay is "redefining Card Tactics for a new generation", and an "increased level of Intellectual Stimulation will accelerate production of Serotonin." In other words, MG Acid 2 will really get the brain juices flowing. Then at the same time the "dynamic gameplay will spark a dopamine rush of pleasure", and the 3D Solid Eye device "will cause noradrenalin wonder to rush through your body." Which I believe roughly translates to it'll be lots of fun and it looks damn cool too. Check out three full trailers and screenshots etc at Lik Sang .

I think I'll wait off on that 3D device until Team Xtender tells me its crap and shows me how to make my own.

That Asian chick is hot! I think it looks too much like a kalaedescope or binoculars when you add something that bulky to your PSP. But I wouldn't mind having the chick

Yes! Spy kids 3d on my PSP! Seriously, though. I'd like to see if I could make 3d cartoons in flash with this thing.

DCEmu Newbie

I'm sorry i see that thing held to the face like that and can only think virtual boy.

If you cannot move a single character freely around the game, it will suck... Why waiste my money on another card game... This is bologna, why doesnt Hideo Kojima use the system to the best of its abilty? Its a mature rated game will the play of a childs game. Its a fun game, but loses its appeal while the psp is moving your character for you, It sucks and Hideo best wake up... Although the graphics are awesome, i think you could spare some of the looks to gain that free movement...

DCEmu Regular

maybe that 3d device will able us to get a virtuaboy emulator...

well, this type of gameplay shouldnt be assciated with the normal MGS one is used to, so it would appeal to a different audience than the other games.
    I believe that there will be a MGS game coming to PSP in the near future with real-time action unlike the Acid series

DCEmu Newbie

Maybe That 3d Device Will Able Us To Get A Virtuaboy Emulator

Thread Information