Thread: Resident Evil 5 debuting simultaneously on 360, PS3?

Blog Entries

Default Resident Evil 5 debuting simultaneously on 360, PS3?

In an interview published in Xbox360ism (a special edition of Dorimaga), Capcom Research & Development division chief Keiji Inafune said he expects Resident Evil 5 to be released simultaneously on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 if possible.

"We want to grow the Resident Evil series into a multi-platform franchise, so we hope to release it simultaneously [on the two next-generation consoles]," Inafune told Xbox360ism. "But since we don't know the launch period for the PS3 yet, so it's hard to say [if we can]."

Inafune also revealed that Resident Evil 5 will feature online elements, although he did not elaborate.

In other zombie-related Capcom news, Inafune said that his first project for the Xbox 360, Dead Rising, is slated for release after summer 2006. Inafune explained that the game could be released earlier, but he's taking the time to polish it as much as possible.

Inafune also revealed that Microsoft initially asked Capcom to make an original Xbox 360 title catered towards the taste of the Japanese consumers, but the third-party publisher declined. Inafune stated that Capcom's aim is to release games that will be a global hit, regardless of whether it's for the Xbox 360 or PS3.

Now with Blast Processing! Kaiser's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Its to bad Mikami ain't making Resident Evil anymore. Glad to see the next game coming out on multiple platforms at the same time though. Bought my Gamecube just to play REmake, RE0 and RE4.

But what about Resident Evil for PSP? Or Project Zero or something. I love survival horror, or horror in general and would very much like to see a PSP game with some of that aestetics

Probably the developers think that a handheld would not be a good platform for scaring people, but I think it would be. Just sit alone in the dark, and with headset or stereo amplifier...

They are releasing a Resident Evil for the DS. Resident Evil: Deadly Silence. But it's supposed to be another remake of the original with some added features. I'd like to have a PSP RE game myself. There were comments (not confirmed info as of yet) that they are planning to bring the RE: Outbreak series to the PSP. But this is a bit off topic really. It should be in PSP forums.

Thread Information