Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Caution with UMD Updates!!! (bricked PSP)

DCEmu Regular

Unhappy Caution with UMD Updates!!! (bricked PSP)

Ok... so I finally did the ultimate stupid thing and bricked my PSP . I wasn't sure where to put this post but the warning must be made because someone else might be dumb enough to try...

Anyway, I've been toying around with an .iso I made of GTA_LC using the firmware launcher, prx/eboot decryptor, UMD Emulator, and a few different combinations of things simply trying to get it to boot on a 1.5. For some stupid reason, I got question marks in my head(What would happen if I run the Firmware launcher [directing flash1 and flash0 to my memory card] then try to run an update? Well, I ran the firmware launcher, then the UMD Emulator, and tried to run the 2.0 upgrade from the emulated disc... It kept going to around 17% then displaying the mesage 'could not read from disk' and that's as far as I got.

My PSP is now as usefull as a BRICK!!!! I hope to god I can get another one that isn't above 2.0 yet so I can downgrade it...

dumbest thing is that I probably never got the firmware launcher to run correctly anyway. I always got the 'your settings are corrupt' screen where you hit the O button and return to the PSP menu.

So much for using the firmware launcher to experiment without bricking a psp
    Now excuse me while I go cry...

DCEmu Regular

that sucks... sorry to hear about that...

Well, as long as there isn't anything noticable that you have run homebrew (i.e. if you've downgraded or if you've used pspersonalize) I am sure Sony will replace it. But you will get version 2.60. Guaranteed.
    You don't need to know my mental status. You probably don't want to, either.

September 5th, 2005:
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R
    There wont be a N64 emu on the PSP. Not one that is playable anyways.
    Need LocationFree help? Send me a PM!

DCEmu Regular

I got my fun out of it at least. I'm just gonna pick up a new one next week and keep this one for spare parts (read: extra LCD)

umnn... and with the flash messed up, there's no way to know that I've used PSPersonalize :/

You never know what programs Sony may have up their shady, hidden, gadgety sleeves.
    You don't need to know my mental status. You probably don't want to, either.

September 5th, 2005:
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R
    There wont be a N64 emu on the PSP. Not one that is playable anyways.
    Need LocationFree help? Send me a PM!

DCEmu Newbie

Is it to late to return it?

You know you dont HAVE to say that you were hacking it and it broke..

o and thanks for the heads up, i was thinking of going ISO but i think im set for now.

DCEmu Newbie

what do you mean by "brick"

He turned it into a brick. It's broken.

Cool

urherenow - Are you absolutely 100% sure it's bricked? The only reason I ask is I recently thought I had bricked mine. It crashed pretty hard, MS light on, green light flashing. Then it wouldn't turn on, but it turned out to be that the battery needed to be re-charged.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Jdemon
    urherenow - Are you absolutely 100% sure it's bricked? The only reason I ask is I recently thought I had bricked mine. It crashed pretty hard, MS light on, green light flashing. Then it wouldn't turn on, but it turned out to be that the battery needed to be re-charged.
    lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information