Thread: Wii Gamecube Homebrew Launcher V0.2

Blog Entries

Rev Wii Gamecube Homebrew Launcher V0.2

Megaman has posted an update to his Gamecube Homebrew Launcher for the Wii, heres the full details:

Purpose
    Launch Gamecube homebrew on Wii. Read before using! Program can be dangerous, because the flash is changed.

Changes in Version 0.2
    Support for front SD slot.
    Gamecube disc should work normally.
    Background Information
    DOL loader is patched into MIOS. If Wii switches to Gamecube mode, the DOL loader is always started. The loader will start Gamecube homebrew if loaded by GCBooterHomebrew. The loader launches the normal GC loader if no homebrew is detected. This behaviour can be disabled by reinstalling a normal MIOS. I don't have a Gamecube disc, so I don't have tested it.

Installation Steps
    Copy RVL-mios-v5.wad.out.wad into root of front SD card (This file is not part of the archive and is located on Super Mario Galaxy Disc (EU)). If you use a different version, this is on your own risk. The MIOS patching wad installer will only allow to install MIOS. This can only break the GC mode. Loader should not patch any starlet code.
    Patch MIOS using MIOSPatchingWADInstaller. CAUTION: I can't test if Gamecube disc are still working, but it should work! When I use a Wii Disc in Gamecube mode, I can see the normal MIOS error message, which tells that the disc is not compatible.
    Copy your Gamecube Homebrew DOL into SD root as start.dol. Use Wii front SD slot.
    Launch GCBooterHomebrew. This should start the the DOL on the SD card. If screen looks strange, you need to try it again. It is sometimes not working.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

This is definitely very exiting.
    Considering the fact that maybe in the near future, this will save me the trouble of having to buy an SD media launcher.
    Currently, the main problem Ihave with this is the shutdown of gamcube games while installed.
    I hope this possibly gets fixed in future releases, otherwise, this doesn't serve much of a useful purpose at all.

Thread Information