News/release from raptor85

What this is, is a test game for my 2D game engine, which is written to be able to quickly develop and deploy a game for windows, linux, and the psp, only having to write simple "entity" code then add an entity of that type to a level. (the idea is pretty much taken from the years i spent modding UT2004)

This is a very simple test game created on top of the code i have so far, i created a player class that accepts input, moving platforms, triggers that can turn movers on/off, reveal hidden coins, kill players, etc..., and teleporters. There's no real physics, just simple bounding box collision, it's automatically calculated off of the sprite file you set each entity to use in the level file. Everything is stored in XML, just take a look in the data directories, it should be fairly easy to figure out, and even though i haven't written the editor yet you could make some fairly complex levels using nothing but vim or notepad.

when it's a little bit more complete, the full source code will be released under the GPL for anyone to use/modify.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments