Thread: Nintendo preps DS media module !

Blog Entries

Default Nintendo preps DS media module !

Nintendo's DS looks certain to outsell Sony's PlayStation Portable, but Nintendo is clearly so worried about its rival that it is already announcing an upgrade that will bring PSP-style music and movie features to its own handheld console.[br][br]Next February, Nintendo will ship an add-on module that provides music and video playback, the company said today. The ¥5000 ($48) adaptor will work with any MPEG 4 video and MP3 audio files stored on a DS memory card.[br][br]Sony always touted the PSP as a mobile media unit as well as a games console, whereas Nintendo, as you'd expect from its previous efforts in the handheld gaming arena, has always focused on portable play. Interestingly, the addition of the new adaptor will not only bring to the DS the kind of media support the PSP enjoys, but will up its effective price to that of the PSP. In Japan the DS retails for around ¥15,000, the PSP for ¥19,800.[br][br]Nintendo launched the DS in Japan on 2 December - ten days before Sony's PSP went on sale in that country. The DS is already on sale in the US, though the PSP is unlikely to ship officially over there much before the end of Q1 2005. That's the anticipated timeframe for both consoles' European debuts.

forgetmenot

Default Re: Nintendo preps DS media module !

whats a ds memory card? and whats a MPEG 4video. and wraggster got ur ds yet?

DCEmu Newbie

This module takes SD Cards which can range from 32MB to 1GB, that beats the crap out of the PSPs pathetic 32MB memory sticks.
    and its also compatible for GBA and GBA SP.

forgetmenot

u mean like a flash cart or somthhing ???

Blog Entries

yeah i got my DS, very happy with it too

although i should buy US/UK games in future

DCEmu Rookie

[quote author=forgetmenot link=board=NDS;num=1103130015;start=0#3 date=12/15/04 at 11:26:18]u mean like a flash cart or somthhing ???[/quote]
    yes that is effectivly what it is!! this if so cool all i can say is well done nintendo and its only $4 if they market this well then psp have lost one of it 'unique' selling points!!! are you alowed to show rivel products in adverts now and compare them?? (i think you are in the uk) because if you are i have some good adverts for nintendo in my head!! if you cant every1 would understand that they were talkin bout the psp anyway i supose

forgetmenot

were do i get one? will it be hard to find?

Thread Information