Thread: Problem with saving directions

DCEmu Newbie

Default Problem with saving directions

I have been trying to save a route on GMDL for a road trip, but after plotting the route in the Directions Tab, clicking on Get Values and List, I keep getting an error box saying that:

----
    Something went wrong
    You may want to try this as the address format: 123 Street name, Town, State, Post/Zip Code, Country

Note: pedestrian streets seem to fail, try a nearby driveable address

Debug info:
    http://maps.google/maps?output=kml&s...r=Chiang+Mai+2

Root element is missing.
    at System Xml............
    -----

I've never had trouble with saving directions before, tried this on other countries too, same result.

Anybody knows how to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance.

DCEmu Newbie

I have the same problem even I use the latest ver of GMDL 0.5.08b. Is it the problem for the new Google Map web page? I found it happens since the new Google Map web page.

DCEmu Newbie

Hi, I have a stupid solutions for this.

Input the LAT/LON directly as "To" and "From" instead of the actual address. Same for the midpoint.

DCEmu Newbie

If your values on the right side of the screen are not detailed enough for Google to accurate guess your destination the first time it will not work. GMDL does not look at your search results in the Google site that is shown, it does the search again on whatever is in the value boxes.

Sometimes Google simplifies the destination names (when it's sure it knows where you are talking about) and when you press Get Values those simplified destination names are copied across. This sometimes happens when you manually move the marker around on the map. This is not enough information for GMDL to search with and hence your error code.

One way to fix this is not use the Google website at all and type in your address straight into GMDL direction tab on the right side. It must be as detailed as possible. You can copy the same directions seperately into Google directions to check the result is what you wanted. Just don't press Get Values unless the formatting of the Google results is detailed enough.

If this is not clear, let me know.

DCEmu Newbie

Im also having this same issue, Im in Japan and streets here dont have addresses as such. Have tried inputting lat/lon details but GMDL still throws up same error box. Anyone found a fix to this?

Hi,

I too am facing the same problem trying to get directions downloaded for Japan.

I have tried to be as detailed as I can. I even centered the map to USA and key in the names and click search. It works on the browsers.

However, I noticed that by default, the Japan maps will show directions for trains. Can that be the cause why GMDL can't recognise the directions?

DCEmu Newbie

When you click "get values" it gets some unwanted info. Take a look at the end of the address field...

Thread Information