Thread: "Dynamic" PC-PSP connection

DCEmu Newbie

Default "Dynamic" PC-PSP connection

Hi guys/girls,

I'm new to this forum but i was wondering wether you could shead soem light on my query:

I gave most of my budget in getting a psp and i may have to wait for wuite a long time before i can buy myself a 1gb ms so i can play my ripped isos which are all 500mb+ and they can obviously not fit onto a 32mb card so my questions are:

1) Is it possible to connect the psp to your pc and have a kind of "dynamic" link where the psp uses the pc's haredrive as a ms and can therefore play any files (isos in my case) straight from the pc ( iwould obviously always have to be next to the computer but i can live with that for some time? Or is it possible to connect one of my usb hardrives to it and for it to be able to read information from that?

2) Secondly, is there a way to compress isos to such an extent where they can fit onto a 32mb card, i know this is very unlikely but ill give it a shot at you...?

Thanks for your time,

DCEmu Regular

please no iso talk here

DCEmu Newbie

Hi,

*o*, i dont know what role you play in the DCEmu comunity but you are a very narrow minded character... I rote about 10 limne worth of thread and all you picked up on was "isos" (which i probably said less than 3 times!!) and you just decided to kill the querry. If you have any information to add to my querry you can simply forget the "isos" and treat it like ".avi or movies or .mp3 or anything else...

Could anyone possibly help me on this question as i am still interested in any possible solutions?

P.S: Sorry for the blazing but i thaught it was very stupid for him to just add yet another post to a thread giving invaluable information which is counter producted when he could have simply said "no talk on isos here" and then carry on with some information!!!

Thank you for your time,

Okay, firstly, you're post is comprised of two questions, one of which is about reducing the size of an ISO...therefore half (50%, 0.5) of your post is about ISO usage...you said yourself that you only have a 32mb card, meaning you can't have ripped the ISOs yourself...making half of your post about illegal ISO usage!

We can't treat it as if you were saying MP3 or AVI, because with Music and Video its just a case of altering the compression codecs...ISOs are different and therefore the solutions would not match!

Oh, and in answer to your first question...Nope, not possible, the PSP does not have a USB control chip in it, therefore it can only use the USB as a 'Client' (i.e. it can only act as an external drive to a controlling device)...and before you mention the USB accessories, they all have the USB control chip in them...or Sony have created a whole new protocol, either way, it can't be done!

Cheers,
    Fox

Thread Information