Thread: Have Any Homebrew SItes Been Forced Offline From the Likes of Nintendo etc

Blog Entries

Default Have Any Homebrew SItes Been Forced Offline From the Likes of Nintendo etc

I know about Sony and Bleem and VGS PSX Emulators for Windows/Dreamcast but have any sites been forced offline or indeed threatened for hosting homebrew/emulators, just curious if any have or if theres a way they could.

I suppose in some ways i wonder if they could using some sort of rule in a court take down homebrew communitys,

Blog Entries

Not that I'm aware, though I did try and join WiiBrew's forums the other day and I never got my confirmation email.

Dream Coder

I remember reading at least once about sites losing hosting, but that just forces them to move their hosting to a country that doesn't care or a hosting company that won't be bullied.
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

Boob got threatened for hosting woftinstine shareware, the people from ID thought it was "return to woftinstine" and sent 2 warnings to the host. cyrus64 sent them an email explaining it was the shareware version of the original but they ignored him, so he had to take it down.

Thread Information