Thread: Speed Devils: Online Version

Default Speed Devils: Online Version

I have this game, and i was wondering is it possible for me to download maybe a save file and maybe i can play all of the features offline, or should i just stick with speed devils 1?

Acorn Electron User

I have the online version too (PAL version) but it's pretty sparse - it doesn't even have a 2 player split screen mode like the first one or a career mode. The steering is a lot worse on the online version too with it being remarkable slow to respond - much like steering a cow.

I'd stick with the the first one unless you want to (and if it's still possible to) play online with it.

Quote Originally Posted by bertrude
    I have the online version too (PAL version) but it's pretty sparse - it doesn't even have a 2 player split screen mode like the first one or a career mode. The steering is a lot worse on the online version too with it being remarkable slow to respond - much like steering a cow.

I'd stick with the the first one unless you want to (and if it's still possible to) play online with it.
    Man that sucks, oh well. Guess i will just enojy part 1 and all of my other racers on dreamcast. Would of been great if we use those features offline tho, maybe someone should hack it or we could call sega and ask them to re-release the game with the features offline

Peace.

Acorn Electron User

Yeah. I was really disappointed too. I was lucky I picked it up cheap. The PAL version even states on the box that the game is 1-2 players as well as mentioning 'up to 5 players online' so when I couldn't find a 2 player mode I was pretty annoyed.

Correcting what i said earlier, there is a career mode but that's only in the online mode. Offline you can only race round the tracks. You can customise some of the options such as how many opponents you face, the weather, laps etc.

I think the meat of the game was meant to be in the online part where your career would be betting against other online racers etc. I've never been online with it so I don't really know.

I've just had a quick blast on the canada autumn track on both versions and their seems to bee very little difference with the graphics etc. It just seems to be the handling. The steering is noticable duller and the hand brake button virtually grinds the car to a halt on the online version. In the original though it's really tight and responsive - much better. I don't know how it managed to get through the passing stage when it's so much less responsive - unless it was deliberate.

I have the game but never got around to playing it. I played the demo and i do remember the control being very bad, i would go to push a hard left and the car wouldnt move.

But i might run a few rounds later tonight and check out the tracks.

Thanks for the information.

Thread Information