Thread: Visual Boy Advance GX v1.0.0 - GBA Emulator for Gamecube and Nintendo Wii

Blog Entries

Rev Visual Boy Advance GX v1.0.0 - GBA Emulator for Gamecube and Nintendo Wii

News via wiibrew

Tantric has released a new version of the Game Boy Advance emulator for the Nintendo Wii and Nintendo Gamecube, heres whats new:

[What's New 1.0.0]

Now compiles with devkitpro r15
    One makefile to make all versions
    Complete rewrite based on code from SNES9x GX
    Now has a menu! ROM selector, preferences, controller mapping, etc
    Wiimote, Nunchuk, and Classic controller support
    Button mapping for all controller types
    Full support for SD and USB
    Load/save preference selector. ROMs, saves, and preferences are saved/loaded according to these
    'Auto' settings for save/load - attempts to automatically determine your load/save device(s) - SD, USB
    Preferences are loaded and saved in XML format. You can open VBAGX.xml edit all settings, including some not available within the program

Features
    Wiimote, Nunchuk, Classic, and Gamecube controller support
    Custom controller configurations
    SD / USB support
    SRAM & State saving
    MEM2 ROM Storage for fast access
    Auto frame skip for those core heavy games
    Notes from the Developer
    ZIP/DVD/SMB/GameCube Memory Card support are NOT implemented yet. The current build does NOT have adjustable frameskip. Frameskipping is set to 'AUTO' and cannot be changed. While speed is generally near perfect, sound tends to rebuffer as a result of frameskipping, so in-game music may suffer as a result, sounding like a CD-skipping. This does not occur with Gameboy Color games or original Gameboy games, which do not use the frameskip function.

Installation
    If you are using the Homebrew Channel just copy the apps directory from the archive to the root of your SD card. If you are using another loader use the executables/vbagx_wii.dol.
    ROMs & saves files should be stored in vbagx/roms and vbagx/saves on the root of your SD card or USB flash drive. You can copy the vbagx directory from the archive to your support drive. Your ROMs must be in ".gba" format.
    Launch the emulator using your Loader.

Download and Give feedback Via Comments

Love this emulator.

DCEmu Newbie

for me personally I loaded gunstar super heroes (which I already own on the gba itself) and the game had terrible frame rate making it pretty well unplayable. so its either a bad rom, an rom the bugs arnt worked out with, or the emulator is still in the "keep waiting for good version" process.

DCEmu Rookie

I tried it and it's wayyyyyyy too slow.

I tried with Final fantasy 1 and 2..... castlevania aria of sorrow and advanced guadian heroes and they're all unplayable imo.

Keep the previous version I say.
    Last edited by kevenz; September 18th, 2008 at 02:02.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by wraggster View Post
    News via wiibrew

Tantric has released a new version of the Game Boy Advance emulator for the Nintendo Wii and Nintendo Gamecube, heres whats new:

[What's New 1.0.0]

Now compiles with devkitpro r15
    One makefile to make all versions
    Complete rewrite based on code from SNES9x GX
    Now has a menu! ROM selector, preferences, controller mapping, etc
    Wiimote, Nunchuk, and Classic controller support
    Button mapping for all controller types
    Full support for SD and USB
    Load/save preference selector. ROMs, saves, and preferences are saved/loaded according to these
    'Auto' settings for save/load - attempts to automatically determine your load/save device(s) - SD, USB
    Preferences are loaded and saved in XML format. You can open VBAGX.xml edit all settings, including some not available within the program

Features
    Wiimote, Nunchuk, Classic, and Gamecube controller support
    Custom controller configurations
    SD / USB support
    SRAM & State saving
    MEM2 ROM Storage for fast access
    Auto frame skip for those core heavy games
    Notes from the Developer
    ZIP/DVD/SMB/GameCube Memory Card support are NOT implemented yet. The current build does NOT have adjustable frameskip. Frameskipping is set to 'AUTO' and cannot be changed. While speed is generally near perfect, sound tends to rebuffer as a result of frameskipping, so in-game music may suffer as a result, sounding like a CD-skipping. This does not occur with Gameboy Color games or original Gameboy games, which do not use the frameskip function.

Installation
    If you are using the Homebrew Channel just copy the apps directory from the archive to the root of your SD card. If you are using another loader use the executables/vbagx_wii.dol.
    ROMs & saves files should be stored in vbagx/roms and vbagx/saves on the root of your SD card or USB flash drive. You can copy the vbagx directory from the archive to your support drive. Your ROMs must be in ".gba" format.
    Launch the emulator using your Loader.

Download and Give feedback Via Comments
    This emu appeared on tehskeen first you should credit them same with Gnuboy its eke-ekes of teskeens emu and they both use tehskeen as there home

DCEmu Old Pro The_Ultimate_Eggman's Avatar

1.01 is out now sorted the speed issues...

Blog Entries

hi ive stopped visiting tehskeen and got the news from wiibrew and also his homepage which is now in my favourites, a site whose owner makes comments that im hacking him and other rubbish he comes out with just to get the support of those on there is in my books bad for any scene,

DCEmu Newbie

While the emulator runs mostly perfectly with the HBC I can't figure how to save.Now matter what,it doesn't let me save.
    And yes,in my SD card I arranfe the files apps-VBAGX-saves.
    Maybe,there is an option to the preferences menu that needs to be activated.(Yes,I don't have a GC memory card connected to Wii)
    Can anyone help me?

DCEmu Newbie

are there any cheats for pokemon red ver.

Thread Information