Thread: Unofficial SNES9x GX Archive Edition - Snes Emulator for Nintendo Wii

Blog Entries

Rev Unofficial SNES9x GX Archive Edition - Snes Emulator for Nintendo Wii

devilsbook has posted a new version of the Snes Emulator for the Nintendo Wii with his own enhancements:

I don't know if anyone would be interested in it, but just in case...I had made a hack of SNES9x GX, which is identical to the "official" SNES 9x GX version 004 except that in addition to .zip, it supports other archive formats than .zip, some offering better compression: .gz, .tar.gz, .bz2, .tar.bz2, and JMA, which is similar to 7-Zip (supposedly it gives better compression for SNES ROMs, according to the author of the SNES tool NSRT, which as far as I know is the only JMA archiver).

Credits...JMA code was ported from the desktop version of SNES9x, bzip2 code was based on libbzip2 as included in WiiEngine by Hermes, and gz was provided by zlib, with the tar code by me.

I hope someone may find it useful.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

DCEmu Newbie

I do have a question that doesn't directly pertain to this update, but the SNES9x working on the Wii Homebrew Channel.

If I wanted to run Cheats, like a .CHT file, how do I do that with the Homebrew Channel? I made folder along with roms and saves called "cheats" where I have the filenames identical to the roms, but just ending in .CHT yet I don't know how to load them.

Any help would be appreciated.

do any of these SNES emulators support saving to the big gamecube memory cards or 2 gig sd cards?

Thread Information