We just got an email from Jazon, the creator of the AppStore app SuperPong2 giving us the heads up that both versions of his app will be removed from the AppStore friday. This is the second App we are aware of that has been removed from the AppStore due to copyrights. A couple weeks ago we reported when Tris was removed from the AppStore. Jazon's email below:

"Hi, my name is Jazon Burnell and I am the owner of Spiffyware and developer of the game SuperPong.

In a situation similar to what Noah Witherspoon went through with Tris, I am being asked to remove my SuperPong 2 app from the App Store by Atari Interactive due to infringements against the pong and breakout copyrights.

Being a student, I don't presently have the time or resources to fight this, and so have until Friday to take the app down. I know you guys are dealing with your own sorts of legal annoyances, but if you guys wouldn't mind, it would be greatly appreciated if a story could be posted saying that anyone who is interested in downloading the app, the free Lite version or the paid.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/iphone-...rab-quick.html