Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Neo4All/AES Tutorial & FAQ

Exclamation Neo4All/AES Tutorial & FAQ

Here's a Tutorial / FAQ I compiled for Neo4All/AES that should answer all questions you might have about how to get this emu working:

http://www.dreamcast-scene.com/index...in/Neo4All-AES

Quote Originally Posted by Christuserloeser
    Here's a Tutorial / FAQ I compiled for Neo4All/AES that should answer all questions you might have about how to get this emu working:

http://www.dreamcast-scene.com/index...in/Neo4All-AES
    Nice work but i have a question: do you know if it works in SBI?

Default Extremely frustrated.

I've read several tutorials and guides and I still can't get the NEO4ALL emulator running on my dreamcast. The directions are too complicated and require WAY too much guessing.

I need step by step instructions on how to burn the NEO4ALL Neo Geo CD emulator from someone that has actually successfully done it and is not just talking out of their a$$.

I need to know exactly which programs to use (not kinda sorta what might) and exactly which steps to take. That means not skipping steps. Not assuming I already have a piece of software or know how to use one. All I know for certain how to use is Disc Juggler which I have used to successfully burn back up DC games.

Another thing is that I keep getting contradictory inforamtion on the bios files I need on the root directory. Do I both the Neo Geo CD bios and the NEO GEO AES bios? One source tells me one thing and another tells me the opposite.

HELP ME GET THIS TO WORK PLEASE.

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic_Lizard
    I need step by step instructions on how to burn the NEO4ALL Neo Geo CD emulator from someone that has actually successfully done it and is not just talking out of their a$$.
    *Edited*

Perhaps you should read my tutorial again without skipping steps and reading other tutorials inbetween ?

DCEmu Newbie

I got this emulator to work for the neo geo cd games, but one thing i don't understand is how to oncvert the zip files into aes...i used that program, but it says "make sure that convertneo.exe is in the directory" what is it talking about?and i dont understand where its telling me to put it.I have my neo4all unzipped in my documents folder, then in there i have 1st read.bin redme.txt andi made a folder called CONVERTNEO in there i have some roms ncGui.exe and a folder i named BIOS with all my bios in it...what am i doing wrong?

I have a little proble with the CVSplus I dont care About the other games I download the emulator because of this game I really want it to play it in my dreamcast
    I did everything right I am not a noobie on this And the game Doesn`t run at 100%
    Perfect It I get a black screeen like in 5 minutes playing it so If chuy or what ever his name is can tell what a did wrong

DCEmu Newbie

That is an issue with some of the games. I've noticed that too.

Issues:

Sometimes display is lost, even when returning to menu.

Random lock-ups and freezes.

Sometimes L-button doesn't trigger menu.

Default help and help please christuserlooser!!!

i just cant get the damm neo4all/aes working on my dreamcast, i do everything by the book, i create a cdi image with bootdreams(with all the speciic files mind you, heres how its: NEO4AES/1st.read.bin,NEO4AES/IP.bin,svcplus.aes, and the neo4all folder with all the essential files). i get errors when i try to burn it with bootdreams(both the "burncdi" and both the "cdrecord" method.it either locks up or displays an error message...i dowloaded the winaspi and everything...) so i burned it with acohol TAO and i also tried with RAW DAO and discjuggler, but it was no use... all i get when i put the cd in my dreamcast is the dreamcast logo and thats it...i wasted tons of cdrs and i still couldnt doit...whats wrong?can somebody helpme? if someone can upload me a full working image the svc aes rom it would great too, but im geting impacient here, i just want to play the damm thing!!!!somebody help a felow dcgamer!!

thanks anyway, and excuse my bad english, im brazilian.

What error messages exactly ?

Do you have enuff free space on your HDD?

What media type are you using? CDR, CDRW or DVDR, etc. ? - You can only use CDR!

Did you ever get other things to work with your Dreamcast? - from e.g. www.DCEvolution.net or www.dchomebrew.org ?

What settings are you using in BootDreams? What version of BootDreams are you using?

These files in your /Neo4All/ folder are needed:
    Background_AES.bmp
    Beep.wav
    Colors.txt
    Loading.bmp
    Memcard.bin
    Patch.prg
    Splash_AES.bmp
    Startup.bin
    Text.bmp
    Text2.bmp
    Window.bmp

Also, I highly recommend to try other games with Neo4All/AES. SNKvsCapcom will -not- run perfectly yet.

Here's a list of games I can recommend:
    http://www.dreamcast-scene.com/index...RecommendGames

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information