Thread: RE: Another Back Up Loader Released - More Harm to the Wii Scene

Rev RE: Another Back Up Loader Released - More Harm to the Wii Scene

Sad to say another back up loader has surfaced on the Wii Scene and i reported on Nukes anger at his Gecko OS being used in it not realising it was another Back up loader, sadly the same old sites who post homebrew are posting the piracy again, what staggers me is a supposed Linux site posting it with a link and i thought linux sites were all anti piracy, nice to see that one site has took down the link and removed posts although deleting the matter in the first place would have been better.

Lets hope all the 2 bad releases and the releases that bricked peoples consoles dont put them and the awesome developers off from giving us so many toys to play with.

remember support homebrew not piracy.
    Please provide proof that peoples consoles were bricked. Because I think your saying that because you don't want people to use the backup booter.

Blog Entries

ahh maybe my english wasnt clear what i said was the 2 piracy releases and then the releases mainly from waninkoko that have bricked consoles.

personally if people want to use them thats up to them but its still bad for our homebrew scene.

Blog Entries

so im not saying that the back up loaders have bricked consoles

although they may have for all i know

DCEmu Newbie

Unhappy

This is bad news for the homebrew scene indeed. Now that there are backup loaders Nintendo's gonna go ballistic. I see the next firmware update to be disastrous for us homebrewers (including those who are only running legal homebrew). Seeing as waninkoko's loader launches from the homebrew channel (hbc) i see nintendo possibly removing or disabling the homebrew channel to cut ppl off from using the backup loaders. They'll prolly kill the twilight hack again too (although team twiizers may be able to fix it again like they did with 3.3 but i really don't know). For legit homebrewers i think these backup loaders are just plain bad news. Nintendo's gonna go ape over this. I suspect the homebrew scene may have to discover new exploits in order to launch and install homebrew in the near future. You know nintendo's not just going to let this go. Only time will tell i guess. Everyone keep ur fingers crossed that nintendo doesn't pull the plug on us. Wouldn't be surprised if nintendo starts banning consoles from online play , virtual console downloads etc. Seeing how they disabled the freeloader who knows what they'll do next...

90% of people are not even going to find out about this let alone have the guts or knowledge to install it and get it running. I myself only found out about it by pure accident ( I can't even remember how now).

It takes a mixed bag of intermediate pc knowledge & slightly above basic hardware knowledge (you need to know what format your dvd drive can burn to and if you can book-type it), guts to install stuff on your wii and how to hack it in the first place etc etc.

90% of people in the country I live in, barley know how to use a computer, nevermind using it for creating wii backups.

I would estimate out of the entire population of people that own a Wii, only 15% of them will hear about this and use it.

Such a small minority of people using this, combined with the fact that most who are using it wouldn't have bought the games anyway, due to either being cash strapped or just tight-fisted, means Nintendo are going to suffer very little or at all from this.
    Last edited by Zack; September 29th, 2008 at 00:55.
    My Business (Games, Apps & More):

Gremlin Interactive

Thread Information