Thread: File format used by Cobra 2.1

Default File format used by Cobra 2.1

Hello!

In Cobra version 2.1 there is some nice tools included (PC side).
    In the XtremeFinder folder there is a file called 'b.dol' wich is NOT a .dol executable!
    So, i was wondering if someone here knows what file type that is and how to dissasemble (decrypt?) it?

Yes, i Do know how to disassemble stuff, but if i try it with that file, i get weird and meaningless results..

The reason i wonder is because i want to create my own "RealTimeStateSave" wich also includes ARAM dumping & stuff.
    And maybe a 'hook' that fakes a gc mem card and writes it back to the pc instead.

i've successfully reversed that app back to C code and got it to work as it should.
    However, embedded to that app is a byte array of the same file format as the file in the XtremeFinder folder.

So i'm stuck. i need to know what file type that is, so i can create my own and inject to the GC.

No, i can't just create a .dol instead, since they work in a different way..

Sorry if my english is hard to understand.
    English is not my 1st language.

Ok then..
    Does anybody know how i can get in touch with the author of that program?
    Mentalcube or whatever he's called (or is that a group name? i'm confused..)
    Maybe i can request the sources from him if he's a nice guy..

Thanks

Nevermind..
    I've created a GUI version wich has the option to compress the files, save registers and save framebuffer.
    It's also backwards compatible with the original.
    i've also reversed the ViperUSB.dll back to C code. Result = 4 kb dll file, uncompressed!
    That will also make it possible to port to linux.

I Don't like the silence here...

Well then, bye..

Thread Information