Thread: Got a 2.01/2.6 PSP for Xmas... should I take it back?

DCEmu Newbie

Unhappy Got a 2.01/2.6 PSP for Xmas... should I take it back?

Hi there,

I had a PSP Giga Pack with version 2.01 firmware for Christmas. I had no idea that you needed to have certain firmware to download and play home-made games and applications; this was one of the main reasons I felt comfortable on letting my parents splash out on it! When I connected it to my PSP, I went to the www.yourpsp.com site, saw an update and thought ooh I want mine to be up-to-date please, installed it..... and then came to these forums, and realised that I had permanently ruined my chances of being able to use/play any 'homebrew' games/apps on my PSP. Great, absolutely gutted.

So what do you suggest I do? Shall I pack it back up and take it back to the shop and get a different PSP off eBay with an older firmware? (I think my parents got it from WHSmith at the last minute).

Please could anyone get back to me as soon as possible!

edit:

OR! Maybe I should just keep this one and wait a little while longer until a downgrader is released? As I realise that a homebrew GTA cheat device has already been produced to run on all versions including 2.6!

Any help would be much appreciated! Cheers

DCEmu Newbie

you can trade your psp with a friend or just keep it at that version and wait and see if a new loader comes out,

DCEmu Newbie

trade it thats what my friend is goign to do. He also got a gigapack for christmas with a v2.01 and when I told him that he was SCREWED he is going to take it back.

DCEmu Newbie

i got gigapack psp could u tell me what homebrew gta cheat device is

DCEmu Newbie

Well I'm no expert, but the GTA cheat device is a homemade application which someone has managed to make for later firmwares such as 2.6. Originally, no home-made/homebrew applications and games could run on later firmwares, only on old ones. So someone has managed to override the system somehow, but only for the cheat device that they made, and nothing else. This means that it is definitely possible for 2.01/2.6 firmware PSP consoles to run homebrew stuff at some point soon (Not officially of course!)

If you've bought the GTA game and you want to cheat, then this should work fine on your giga pack PSP.

DCEmu Newbie

kind of on the other side of the subject, but I know alot of 1.5ers still want a hack that allows GTA to run... all the emulators in the world dont make up for it.

Thread Information