Thread: More news on Tatsunoko Vs Capcom Cross Generation of Heroes arcade board architecture

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

Rev More news on Tatsunoko Vs Capcom Cross Generation of Heroes arcade board architecture

Original posted at Go Nintendo

Remember back when Tatsunoko Vs Capcom Cross Generation of Heroes was rumored to be for Wii? All of that started because of some machine translation from a Japanese site that included a bit of Wii talk. Now we have the full details of just how this game came to be for Wii, and how Capcom is working with Nintendo-related technology in arcades.

Though the console media was quick to report the Namco statement that they felt the Nintendo Wii was crippling the arcade scene, few reported the fact that Nintendo has been investing heavily in the amusement scene. Since the 2002 agreement between SEGA, Namco and Nintendo, to develop the TriForce (based on the then GameCube console platform), the company has continued to be involved with amusement development – most recently the TriForce was used to power ‘Mario Kart Arcade GP 2’ for the arcade sector. Recently revealed at the Japanese amusement machine trade exhibition this month, Capcom showed ‘Tatsunoko Vs Capcom Cross Generation of Heroes’, their latest brawler – but along with this launch, the company revealed that the game was running on architecture based on the Nintendo Wii. Rumored to be similar to the TriForce platform, the new system offers a low cost route to market for Capcom, and also ensures that the planned home release of the game will be a direct conversion to the home platform. Information is still patchy on the release plans for the new hardware, and if like other Capcom releases will be supported by online network support.

Huge thanks to TheStingerReport for the heads up!

After some trial and error I found some new hi-res movies of the game in action on the offical Tatsunoko vs Capcom japanese game site...

http://www.capcom.co.jp/tatsucap/info_movies.html

http://www.capcom.co.jp/tatsucap/movies.html

Looks very impressive!

Sorry for double post but I thought id bump this thread as...

For anyone thats interested playasia are now taking pre-orders for this game!

I found a money off coupon to use for the site and have just ordered my copy.

Thread Information