Thread: New Nintendo DS purportedly confirmed for tomorrow

Blog Entries

NDS New Nintendo DS purportedly confirmed for tomorrow

You know how it goes -- first comes the far-out rumor, then comes something a touch more believable, and then the company itself issues an all-too-familiar non-denial denial. According to MCV sources, the next step in the process will happen tomorrow, as a revamped DS storms into action at 5:00AM GMT on the 2nd of October. As for specifics, we'll have to wait for Iwata's supposed announcement to find out more, but we'd be utterly shocked to see this ship after Christmas. That is, if this isn't just some elaborate scheme from the Big N to distract us all from realizing that Wiis will still be impossible to find this holiday season two full years after launch.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/10/01/n...-for-tomorrow/

Certainly looks interesting although I'm not sure there are any massive developments for the homebrew world beyond the built-in camera.

Reported loss of Slot 2 (GBA) is a bit of a blow.

3.25" screens, not much of an improvement, I was hoping for a bit more screen size, even the possibility of widescreen.

Browser and multimedia player with onboard SD slot, again, nothing new for the homebrew scene. The browser is a little concerning to me as a parent though. I like to keep the kid's internet time balanced. That's more difficult to do when it's built-in to a portable device like this.

It looks like there could be some interactivity with the Wii this time. Whether this is in the form of router, controller or add-on is of interest to me though.

Hopefully this time the wi-fi is better than 11b and supports WPA/2.

I would definitely like to have a closer look and see what potential is there for the homebrew scene.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by mistac View Post
    3.25" screens, not much of an improvement, I was hoping for a bit more screen size, even the possibility of widescreen.
    I was dissapointed to read that the screen resolution will be the same at 256x192. I was hoping screen res might go up with the screen size. New titles coold have more screen space while older titles could have black borders or stretch to fit mode. Compared to the PSP & even the i-phone the DS screen res is tiny.

Thread Information