Thread: The Hack that Should have Been Broken By Now ?

Blog Entries

Default The Hack that Should have Been Broken By Now ?

Whats the hack that we want the most, maybe its to have full homebrew capabilities on PSP firmware v2.6 but maybe a hack that could have been released is one that most if not all of us want more than any.

That is...

A Region Free UMD Movie Hack or Software

We know that games are region free but its such a pain that we cant use different region UMD movies on our PSPs, in this day and age theres no need surely for region encoding, most of us have probably got multi region DVD Players at home and with the internet these days we can get our hands on titles worldwide so easily it makes sense to have region free.

Lets hope Datel release some freeloader type device so we can load films from any region and put a stop to the barmy practices.

Its one hack i would gladly pay for, come on Sony ....

Thoughts ... answer via the comments

DCEmu Newbie

I got mine 1.50 MULTISYSTEM, near the timesquare, if you'd try harder, you'd get one yourself, but I don't really watch UMD movies at all, I just codec new movies that in cinemas to mp4 format and watch it with subs :] better, nicer :]

Most movies can be started with fastloader

thats one thing i could care less about i dont buy umd movies they are way over priced i just ripp the dvds i own so no region code to deal with and with avc its pretty close to umd good enough for me and its free. id much rather have a 1.50 firmware with all the 2.60 stuff in it

DCEmu Regular

I'd like to see a V2.01, or better, UMD Movie crack. I just bought Tron and I can't watch it on my white PSP. I've got my fingers crossed about that GTA hack. Hopefully it'll open up the PSP enough to do things like un-region lock. Or better yet, firmware downgrader!

Still, why can't Sony Pictures stop molesting Sony Electronics? If it wasn't for Sony's media division, I'm certain the PSP would never have had these ridiculous region locks. But with Sony Pictures, the PSP might be one of the last devices on earth to still have them, even into the far future. If Sony Pictures have their way, we'll be seeing PSP-3's running Firmware v32.50, in 2012, that still have region locks!

I don't watch UMD Movies much, although I do have one that I go for Christmas. Interestingly enough, It appears that in the 6 months I've had my PSP, and all the crazy stuff I've done to it, it seems that the region coding got screwed, and it doesn't even want to play the UMD from my region! I'm still trying to find a workaround or fix it, but it's no big deal, since I play games and not watch movies...

I do have to disagree tho with the choice of what the biggest undone thing is, the biggest IMO is the fact that there is no PSP-Linux yet. I'm not complaining, since I'm not a coder, I can't really say anything, but I do think it's something that's been done elsewhere and in less time, yet the PSP doesn't have it yet. Think of the DS, it's already got linux, and got it in far less time than the PSP...

DCEmu Newbie

I've been transcoding video to 368x208, which looks okay. What I'd like to see is an app that will encode video into .pmf format at 480x272. Then maybe build an ISO image so I could watch it with UMD Emulator on firmware 1.50.

DCEmu Old Pro The_Ultimate_Eggman's Avatar

Im 1.5 and happy but would love to see 2.00 or above FULLY EXPLOITED.Surely the more features sony include in the firmware updates the more chance they have of finding a loophole left by sony....Come on guyz plz crack it !!!!!

All upgrad to 2.0!!!!!
    Its worth it, firstrly you can play Gta watch all your UMDs, etc!!
    Best of all Fanjita's Eboot loader's GREAT!!
    Theres now 9.0! Soon, before we know it 2.0 will be craked completly!!!

DCEmu Regular

Quote Originally Posted by pakkman781
    I don't watch UMD Movies much, although I do have one that I go for Christmas. Interestingly enough, It appears that in the 6 months I've had my PSP, and all the crazy stuff I've done to it, it seems that the region coding got screwed, and it doesn't even want to play the UMD from my region! I'm still trying to find a workaround or fix it, but it's no big deal, since I play games and not watch movies...

Have you tried going to your system settings menu and restoring the defaults? (when you do, it should ask you everything again, ie. timezone, nickname, etc...)

Thread Information