Thread: Need help with my game "Pong: Classic"

DCEmu Rookie

Default Need help with my game "Pong: Classic"

Hi, this is my first Lua game. I am not releasing it yet because of a few bugs (I will also add the Configure option, end game at 10 etc.)

I need help in fixing them. Here's a list:

1. If the ball hits the bottom or top of the stick, it will do some weird things. How can I stop this?

2. A very odd bug here.. hit the ball straight a number of times. Then have one puck move up or down, and the ball will go through.. what the heck?

3. Pressing L is supposed to stop the music. As you can see, that isn't working too well.

ZIP is attached (.bat file is there if you want to run it on Windows). If you help, you'll get credit when I release it I appreciate your help.

DCEmu Rookie

Well guys, thanks for no help :/ I'm back from my holiday, and I managed to fix problem 2. I'm still needing help with 1 and 3 though, so please, help!

DCEmu Rookie

I've fixed 3. I don't want a code fix to 1, I just want some ideas. What should I do? Have the ball go through the stick or have it bounce off the stick an entirely different way?

hey, this is quite funny because I'm programming a pong game and I'm getting the same error. The ball will bounce around on the paddle then go straight through it. I don't know how to fix it, it's really annoying!

I figured out what to do, but I don't want to take a long time typing it up if you're not going to read it. So if you read this, please pm me, and I'll get to you as soon as possible.

DCEmu Rookie

Hey, I've already figured it out myself.

I'm done with this crappy Pong game, now I'm coding an RPG with a team.

Thread Information