Thread: Sega Returning to the Hardware Biz with Vision PMP for 2009

Blog Entries

Dreamcast Sega Returning to the Hardware Biz with Vision PMP for 2009

Sony's PSP is currently getting its butt handed to it by the Nintendo DS, but don't tell that to Sega. With its upcoming Sega Vision PMP, due out in the UK sometime in 2009, the former hardware company-turned-sub par software maker is hoping to take on the jack-of-all-trades portable market. The prognosis for such a device is OK, but then again how could it not be? After all, this is the company that brought us the 32X, Saturn, and the Dreamcast—the only direction any Sega hardware offering could go from this point forward is up.

http://gizmodo.com/5059175/sega-retu...n-pmp-for-2009

DCEmu Rookie

that couldn't sell in US... i heard all the Cable Frequencies must be digital now... so it better have digital converting. I'm not so happy with the Games choice.... *They should go to home consoles again.... but... i may buy this if there is a US release.... A) its sega, and B) PSP 1000s have some rapid Aging disease... (now my PSP is 2 Remakes Older)

whats your problem with digital we all have to have a digital signal at the end of febXX2009 so sega could release this in the usa

possibly since the specs aren't out it could play all of segas old systems! pandora is said to be pushing it's limits with a dreamcast emu and i know saturn emulation possibly won't happen at all but since sega is making this portable maybe saturn emulation will work? dreamcast too!? who knows what will happen but a portable tv alright i'll take one and a pandora

i was wondering if pandora could be used with the psp in some way and now i'm thinking both
    psp and vision PMP could be used in some way with pandora and homebrew software
    Last edited by Zin0099; October 16th, 2008 at 16:01.

So, this is a European thing ? It certainly isn't developed by Sega of Japan.

I dunno, this looks like your basic Chinese PMP which in itself is nothing bad. However, I figure even if the price would be fair, it'd sell a few hundred units at best. God knows what they were thinking.

Thread Information