Thread: Jonny's PMP Mod V1.0 Released Earlier than expected

DCEmu Newbie

Default Jonny's PMP Mod V1.0 Released Earlier than expected

http://jonny.leffe.dnsalias.com/

Jonny's fantastic app has been finished earlier than he expected and it now available on his web page.

PMP has been one of the most anticipated releases in the hombrew scene IMHO and this will be a happy day for all when they wake up and see this,

re-encoding all my lost dvd now..

Elise

DCEmu Newbie

If this does what I think it does (lets you play full res mp4s), then hooray! Unfortunately, using a custom container means that I can't try it out as I'm on a mac.

DCEmu Newbie

Hi all,

I can confirm that this does allow you to view video at the full resolution of 480x272. I have converted a couple of test files and it looks absolutely fantastic. If you use 3gp converter you can even directly convert VOB files into the required ".pmp" format without having to mess around converting to Xvid ( or Divx etc ) first and extracting the audio etc.

Get 3gp converter from here: http://www.nurs.or.jp/~calcium/3gpp/

Get PMP Mod ( and muxer ) from the link earlier in the post

unzip them both

Then get this file http://www.techjapan.com/images/0106...PMP_mod_v1.ini
    and place it in "\3GP_Converter034\default_setting\"

Finally copy the files from the pmp_muxer folder and place them in "\3GP_Converter034\cores\"

Run setup.exe inside the 3GP_Converter directory. Choose "Model: PMP, for jonny's PMP mod v1.00." ( probably at the botom of the list). You may also have to select "English" ( language ) from the bottom left-hand corner )

You are now complete with setup. You don't have to do any of the above the next time you want to create a video.

Run 3GP_Converter.exe. Choose your selected video output; you probably want "16:9 23.97fps @ 896kbps," ( 1 pass is quicker, 2 pass will produce slightly better results ) Push the "Browse" button to select your "Output Directory."

Drag and drop the video file into the 3GP Converter window. It will begin to convert.

Then put Put "PMPMOD" and "PMPMOD%" in the PSP\GAME\ directory of your PSP and create a folder called "VIDEO" inside of your "PSP" directory, so you'll have PSP\VIDEO\ - and place the file created by 3gp in there.

I can confirm this runs on a 1.5 PSP

( Credit to Jonny, 3GP and PSP_Vault )

Cheers.

Thread Information