Thread: "PSP Plus" Brings DualShock Control To PSP

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

psp "PSP Plus" Brings DualShock Control To PSP

Sony is adding rumble support to the PSP, in a roundabout way, courtesy of the DualShock 3. Using the new "PSP Plus" feature in games like Resistance: Retribution, owners of both the PSP and PlayStation 3 will be able to forego the portable platform's analog nub for a better control experience.

By plugging in your AV-output capable PSP (2000 and 3000 models) and connecting the PSP to the PS3 via USB, you'll be able to switch on PSP Plus control through Resistance 2. Doing so adds DualShock 3 control support, letting you play PSP games on your television with a PS3 controller. It disables aim assist in Resistance: Retribution and lets the player alter their control layout to take advantage of the PS3 controller's extra inputs.

The option requires that gamers have a copy of Resistance 2 in their PS3s, but will not require a firmware update for either the PSP or PS3.

via Kotaku

Nice!

By plugging in your AV-output capable PSP (2000 or 3000)
    I glad they are not, only giving the 3000 new options.

wouldn't a psp emulator on the ps3, the ability to download games psp from the psn store, and transferable game saves all make more sense? this all reminds me of the awkwardness of plugging my gba into my gc to download and play demos.

I know this feature will cop a lot of flack from people, but I for one, think it is an awesome idea.

It is not an essential implementation, but is being added anyway and it sounds great.

All for PSP Plus! :thumbup:

err kinda pointless. the reason for owning a psp, i my case anyway, is for the portability of it. Plugging my psp into a ps3 just to use its controller and blow he picture of the psp screen up on a tv, making he graphics look even worse not an idea i would use....

Quote Originally Posted by BOBNESS View Post
    err kinda pointless. the reason for owning a psp, i my case anyway, is for the portability of it. Plugging my psp into a ps3 just to use its controller and blow he picture of the psp screen up on a tv, making he graphics look even worse not an idea i would use....
    Agreed, It does totally defeat the purpose of the PSP. The game may as well be on the PS3 if your going to use that feature... Since if you use it, your not even interacting with the PSP at all.

They should just make a Dual Shock add-on for the PSP itself. i.e. pack that clips on the back (one either side of PSP (leaving umd drawer accessible) that connects to the PSP either by the serial port of mini USB....
    My Business (Games, Apps & More):

Gremlin Interactive

DCEmu Legend

Not the greatest implementation but still a cool feature to have. I think a better idea would have been the ability to plug in a PS3 controller to the PSP's USB jack. I don't mind playing games on the PSP screen. I like the PSP's screen.

Thread Information