Thread: Unlikely rumor: Kingdom Hearts bundle includes GBA-capable DSi?

Blog Entries

NDS Unlikely rumor: Kingdom Hearts bundle includes GBA-capable DSi?

A Neowin forumite has produced what he claims to be a picture of a document faxed from a friend who works at Mandarake Galaxy, detailing a Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days/DSi bundle for Q2 of next year -- which is after the just-announced February release date for 358/2 Days. But that's not the really interesting bit -- in fact, we fully expect such a bundle will show up.

No, the interesting bit, which makes us fully doubt this, is that according to his translation, the bundle will include not only 358/2 Days, but Chain of Memories as well -- and that the included DSi will include Game Boy Advance compatibility.

Due to the quality of the picture, we can't make out a lot of the kanji, but we can clearly see mentions in katakana of Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days and the Game Boy Advance. Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories is written out too, but not correctly. It doesn't matter what it says, in the end, because this is a picture of a page some guy typed.

In real Kingdom Hearts news, Gamespot has a hands-on preview of 358/2 Days, describing in detail a playthrough of the TGS demo.

http://www.dsfanboy.com/2008/10/10/u...a-capable-dsi/

i thought one of the points of this new console was going to be gba emulation for games purchased via the online store. receiving a download code for a gba prequel to a ds/dsi title would be a great pack-in/preorder bonus. but maybe the dsi just is a slimmer console with a weak camera and weak battery life...

ps - if you missed it, chain of memories rocked and will be coming to the ps2 this winter:

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/09/19/ki...g-dec-2-to-us/

I'm all for backwards compatibility, still, I doubt it's real

Seriously, this shouldn't even qualify as a rumor. Do they seriously expect us to believe that despite the fact that Nintendo only just announced the DSi a few weeks ago, that some random 3rd party has somehow managed to convince nintendo to make a DSi that is completely different, and would require a physically modified shell in order to incorporate the, design than what nintendo specifically announced?

Very clearly - NO GBA, NO SLOT 2.

Now I can see the possibility that Chain of Memories getting offered as a software download. that would be easypie to do.

DCEmu Newbie

it might just come on an sd card, no?

CoM was a pretty big GBA game, so I doubt they would put it on the DS cart with KH358/2. I also highly doubt they would include a MicroSD with CoM on it. That's just kind of... ridiculous.

I'm thinking that this is just a hoax. Still, if there was a DSi with GBA capabilities, I'd remove all my doubts about buying one.

Thread Information