Thread: Spore DRM 'Something that 99.8 Percent of Users Wouldn't Notice,' says Riccitiello

General games Spore DRM 'Something that 99.8 Percent of Users Wouldn't Notice,' says Riccitiello

via Gamedaily

Speaking at the Dow Jones/Nielsen Media and Money Conference, CEO John Riccitiello vetted issues facing Electronic Arts and the industry as a whole. As he sees it, properly targeting in-game ads and piracy are major concerns in growing the industry. He also commented on the Spore DRM controversy, saying that it was blown out of proportion.

"We're still working out the kinks. We implemented a form of DRM and it's something that 99.8 percent of users wouldn't notice. But for the other .2 percent, it became an issue and a number of them launched a cabal online to protest against it," commented Riccitiello, according to Yahoo! Finance. "I personally don't like DRM. It interrupts the user experience. We would like to get around that. But there is this problem called piracy out there."

Commenting on the difficulties of in-game advertising, he said, "There are large hurdles to doing it successfully. Some companies don't recognize that consumers paid $60 for a game. That said, we believe in in-game ads. We just ran one for Barack Obama's campaign, not the typical sort of ad for a game."

Well the CEO is an idiot. I guess those 99.8% won't find out until it's to late to get any money back after the so many installs. And does he realize that it never stopped pirates from getting the game and running it? I know i pirated it before i bought it to see if it would run smoothly. and to tell you something, i think i like my unlimited installs with my pirated version allot more than renting a game for 60$. The CEO is obviously using selective hearing/ reading and what ever else that can be selective when it comes to seeing the big picture of things. GO STARDOCK!

Thread Information