Thread: Virtual City 3D v0.1 Alpha - What Grand Theft Auto Should Look Like on DS

Blog Entries

NDS Virtual City 3D v0.1 Alpha - What Grand Theft Auto Should Look Like on DS

Heres a Homebrewgame that shows what Grand Theft Auto Should Look Like on DS

News via dsscene

hotkebab99 is working a new project that aims to create a 3D virtual city. Currently in alpha stage of development so only a small section of the city is available to roam around in right now.

Technical information:

It uses the export OBJ files and MTL directly. Au chargement, la DS charge et interprčte les fichiers. Loading, the load DS and interprets files. That is why the load is a bit long (no no console is not blocked). Everything is then stored in internal data structures ready to be used. This explains the low CPU usage. In addition, all calculations control of the car are made by the ARM7 (maximum use of two processors). The ARM9 "merely" to view.

The project was developed under Eclipse with excellent emulator NO $ GBA.
    It was tested on hardware via a linker R4 and it worked properly without patchage.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

DCEmu Newbie

Well done for making that, but "What Grand Theft Auto Should Look Like on DS" is a bit of a stretch....

DCEmu Newbie

Cue a hundred rockstar employees slapping face and leaving. Or not.

DCEmu Newbie

what Grand Theft Auto Should Look Like on DS?

God i hope not.....

DCEmu Newbie

wraggster was probably wasted when he wrote that title. Perhaps after a few pints it looks better.

DCEmu Rookie

well it's a .1 alpha release, i think the point here is to say that a full 3d city envionment on the DS is not impossible.

Honestly, rockstar doesn't make $#@!ty looking games regardless of console so thats defo not going to be what the game might look like.

Blog Entries

I think Wraggy's point was not that this is what GTA DS should look like as far as things like polish and texture quality... Just that a 3d open world could be possible based on this. It is pretty impressive..

DCEmu Newbie

If anyone's interested there's Virtual City 3D 0.3 alpha,
    I got to say this project does look promising, Achieving the same I tried to with mine. Though I did have collision detection (with a major loss of framerate)
    hopefully this will blossom into something totally awesome.

Thread Information