Thread: Striking a Balance - Does the Wii Balance Board Have a Future?

Blog Entries

retro Striking a Balance - Does the Wii Balance Board Have a Future?

The market expansion brought on by the Wii is well-documented. It's also a little tiresome. So the arrival of yet-another wacky peripheral - especially one whose primary purpose is as a bathroom scale - had a certain flash-in-the-pan quality for most core gamers. As nifty as Wii Fit is, the Balance Board is so far a one-trick pony. It may not even be a particularly sprightly pony; Microsoft has been spreading the meme that 60% of Wii Fit purchasers take one lap around the plastic and then hang it up for good.

To be fair, Nintendo has tried to keep the Balance Board in the limelight. At E3, Ubisoft opened the Nintendo press conference with a baby-faced and perpetually-smiling Shaun White carving virtual snow on his ersatz snowboard in a short preview of his eponymous Christmas game debut. But other than that short bit of third-party theatrics, Nintendo has done little to disabuse us of the notion that the Wii Balance Board is destined for the same shelf-of-shame as the Wii Zapper.

Source 1up.
    Last edited by LyonHrt; October 20th, 2008 at 22:49.
    Do me a favor plug me into a sega.

To be this good takes ages, to be this good takes sega.

It's thinking.

Ok I said it, now pay me!
    http://www.thejoypad.net
    Twitter page

Thread Information