Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's official: Wii Music has most random track list ever

Blog Entries

Rev It's official: Wii Music has most random track list ever

Imagine someone planted a bomb in the heart of Championship Vinyl, blowing record fragments across several blocks of downtown Chicago. If you went along and picked up 50-odd pieces of those shattered albums and then glued them together, what you compiled would still not be as random as the Japanese track list for Wii Music, which you can read right here. Here are a few examples:

"Do-Re-Mi" by Rodgers and Hammerstein (from The Sound of Music)
    "La Cucaracha"" the Spanish folk song
    "The Entertainer" by Billy Joel
    ...and so on. We thought maybe we had just gotten an odd slice, but no. They're all that bizarre. Not bad, mind you. Just really, really out of left field. The kicker is, we still can't tell if this makes us more or less excited for the game.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/10/20/it...ack-list-ever/

Read the IGN review and it explains everything even if its a bit bias.

I kinda don't know what to think now. IGN gave it a mediocre score, yet 1up scored it an A-. Part of me tells me to avoid the cloud of negativity that surrounds this game, and just see if I myself enjoy it. Maybe when its $19.99.

The ign guys seemed to want to review it badly, while the 1up reviewer seemed pretty "target market"

I was shocked though considering the scores they normally give out.

Blog Entries

I trust IGN's reviews.

I watched a video of Beethoven's Symphony No. 9 being performed.

It lookes rubbish with the bad music quality and everything (and it got a 5/10 at IGN).
    I also don't really care for the song list at all.

I guess it never fails that I'm the one left to be the voice of reason against a sea of misinformed ignorance.

Take a quick look at the video for Matt's IGN review for Wii music: (don't worry, if it's too horrible to keep watching, you can quit, just keep that fresh in your head)

Now lets take a look at what someone can do, with the exact same tools, when they AREN'T a complete screwup: (give it half a minute in, it feels off at the beginning, but it's not)

Now lets take one last look at this same song using instruments that weren't chosen by mentally handicapped hillbilly furries:

Seriously, if you can look at all 3 of these, and still think that Matt gave Wii music a fair shake, then you qualify for a free lobotomy.

What really gets me the most about this is that EVERY single person in this thread has specifically mentioned IGN's review and seem to believe that what is one of the most horribly biased reviews out of every single one that has been put out, is somehow the most accurate one.
    What if people randomly mashed buttons, and hammered on the drumpads, and sang off key into the microphone for Rock band? Do people actually think it would sound good then? Lets do all our reviews for RockBand that way and see how good of a score it gets. Sheesh.
    Last edited by Grey Acumen; October 22nd, 2008 at 16:43.

I don't see why there's so much hate for Wii Music before people have even tried it, it looks like a pretty good game overall. Also, you should never base your entire view on a game from a single review, especially when said review is arguably biased.

Quote Originally Posted by Auriman1 View Post
    I don't see why there's so much hate for Wii Music before people have even tried it, it looks like a pretty good game overall. Also, you should never base your entire view on a game from a single review, especially when said review is arguably biased.
    I have played it and I was disappointed because on the one hand it has good features like performing a duet-quartet and sharing music with other wii go-ers. While on the other hand the gameplay is extremely hollow requiring you to just shake a left or right hand for just about every instrument or press 1 or 2 for the sax and flute. I can't see anybody playing it for more than half an hour unless under the age of 10 or the influence of drugs. I was really looking forward to this game but it really let me down, Shigeru is lucky enough to have created so many great games for me to forgive him for this game. I'm just hoping Ninty doesn't go down the route of it's third party developers...

What really gets me the most about this is that EVERY single person in this thread has specifically mentioned IGN's review and seem to believe that what is one of the most horribly biased reviews out of every single one that has been put out, is somehow the most accurate one.
    I'm sorry, exactly what part of my post implied ign was the best review? Was it that bit where I said they wanted to give it a bad score? Mcdougal even said the review was bias and you're writing him off.

Reading (including understanding) is a pretty basic skill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information