Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Microsoft: Today Is Global Do Not Talk, Think or Steal Like a Pirate Day

Blog Entries

General games Microsoft: Today Is Global Do Not Talk, Think or Steal Like a Pirate Day

Are you at work? Really? Didn't you know today was a holiday? Yep, in Redmond at least, it's Global Anti-Piracy Day. To celebrate, there will be simultaneous "legal actions, education efforts and customer reactions announced across 49 countries." Microsoft has actually picked a pretty great way to fight pirates: If there's one thing they hate besides ninjas, it's the law and schoolin'

http://gizmodo.com/5066374/microsoft...e-a-pirate-day

lol. Click the link and read the next paragraph. I love the line "like murdering unicorns" =]

MS must hate international speak like a pirate day (its a real day apparently)

Seriously, don't think like a pirate? They couldn't be more 1984 if they tried.

I'll just make another copy of my crappy unstable Win XP proffesional already copied CD to celebrate

edit: damn, I'm out of blank CDs, guess I'll celebrate in another way

maybe they should make everything cheaper and stop complaining. you don't just buy everything you need, even if it's really important to do it eg stock photos. when you do, your left broke, they can go jump. and if they lose a million from they're trillion dollar pile, and the benefits go to the poor people with just enough money to buy a cheap computer, so be it. it's not like they can ask for it.
    Last edited by dark heart; October 22nd, 2008 at 09:14.

That's stupid retarded shiat.

Or at least stop spending $300 on advertising something that doesn't work... I can't stand Microsoft's current stance (Xbox department is alright). Windows, PocketPC's.

I love Apple's interpretation of this in their latest ad. (http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=JQPFJMoG_pE)

Wally

Wow, so many angry pirates here. I can't say I pirate stuff anymore, my network traffic is constantly monitored. What I can say is this, boo hoo. Not at Microsoft, but at the babies crying here. If you don't want to be on the prosecution list, don't get caught. If you want to be uncatchable, don't pirate.

And those of you saying that the stuff is too expensive, don't buy it if you can't afford it. This is the whole reason the world is going into a depression, people buying things they don't need, with money they don't have.
    Last edited by gutbub; October 22nd, 2008 at 17:51.

I don't like Apple's way of negative advertising, Microsoft might make me laugh (like the idea of an anti-piracy day) but I just don't like negative advertising, makes it seem that Apple wants to appear the best of a bad bunch rather than something worth buying.

I don't support piracy BTW, I just think not "thinking" like a pirate seems a bit stupid.

I'm going w/u mike_jmg
    I'll just make another copy of my crappy unstable Win XP profesional already copied CD to celebrate and download an new psp game without pay :P

In certain cases support piracy, here the prices are very high.
    And us and other countries w/"originalwave" would never understand, and who says: "don't buy it if you can't afford it".I say so we have to stay like cuba?(w/nothing good and new,It'd be like be in stone age)And without "us" Sony, for example would be with ****ed sell ratings, like SEGA(that I love) was w/ dreamcast.

So dude if you don't know others situation.Shut up! Don't follow Clinton footsteps that told the capital of Brazil was Buenos Aires or when Lula that said Tsunami was a "Vendaval"(in english: something like Typhoon)

Please X3
    Last edited by 171; October 22nd, 2008 at 20:24.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information