Thread: [Release]PSP Firmware 5.01 & Update for M33 Firmware

psp [Release]PSP Firmware 5.01 & Update for M33 Firmware

Ok Sony has just released an update to the PSP Firmware which brings it up to 5.01. This update fixes an issue with larger memory sticks(8 gb and 16 gb) having problems download from PSN Store.

Actual Quote:

When downloading content from the Store to a PSP with an 8 GB or 16 GB Memory Stick Duo media inserted, you may see a message indicating that the media does not have enough free space, even when sufficient space exists. Update 5.01 resolves this issue and will be coming soon.

Well You can update through network update or go to the official website and download the eboot.

**As of now only the Japanese website has it so, heres the translated version:

http://translate.google.com/translat...lr%3D%26sa%3DN

*Note
    Also there was an issue where many had updated but couldn't access the PSN Store but I 've included the files to be flashed on 5.00 CFW for you to be able to access it

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

A HA? wait a minute... somebody clarify please, did i just get my hopes up for nothing, or hmm...

EDIT: ok i'm trying it out, i'll keep everyone posted

EDIT 2: HOLY CRAP it works, im surprised, but i already knew miracles were possible
    Last edited by brandonheat8; October 22nd, 2008 at 19:47. Reason: adding

DCEmu Pro

the 16gb issue is most likely fake. maybe an 8gb has a unique problem, but i´ve been using my 16gb stick for months, and i haven´t ran into ANY MS based problems (including PS Store downloads since 5.00 release)

the only ``problem´´ i have is that pandora only works on 4gb >

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by gamefreak199101 View Post
    Ok Sony has just released an update to the PSP Firmware which brings it up to 5.01. This update fixes an issue with larger memory sticks(8 gb and 16 gb) having problems download from PSN Store.

Actual Quote:

When downloading content from the Store to a PSP with an 8 GB or 16 GB Memory Stick Duo media inserted, you may see a message indicating that the media does not have enough free space, even when sufficient space exists. Update 5.01 resolves this issue and will be coming soon.

Well You can update through network update or go to the official website and download the eboot.

**As of now only the Japanese website has it so, heres the translated version:

http://translate.google.com/translat...lr%3D%26sa%3DN

*Note
    Also there was an issue where many had updated but couldn't access the PSN Store but I 've included the files to be flashed on 5.00 CFW for you to be able to access it

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
    Hi there, can you help me out? I dowloaded the file attached. When I extracted it, this was the file: vsh and inside the folder was 2 other folders: etc and module, the module folder had this: npinstaller_plugin.prx. what should I do with this. Sorry new with this stuff. Thanks.

DCEmu Newbie

hey any one knw how to downgrade ofw 5.00 ?? to any fw tht can load an eboot ...help..pls!!

or even just update it somehow..

google 'pandora' or 'despertar cementerio 7' your answer lies therein... good luck on your journey

Thread Information