Thread: Question of the Day: Would You Buy a Refurbished Laptop?

Blog Entries

IRC Chat Question of the Day: Would You Buy a Refurbished Laptop?

With the economy being the way it is, many of us need to face the fact that we must cut back a bit on our gadget budgets. However, that doesn't mean that we need to go cold turkey. If you are currently in the market for a new laptop, have you ever considered buying refurbished/recertified? Keep in mind that refurbished/recertified laptops were either returned, overstocked, defective or functioned as demos before heading back to the manufacturer for repair and inspection. Many of them come with warranties and should be good as new. However, there is a stigma (and horror stories) that go along with purchasing refurb gadgets for the discount. So, my question is: Would you buy/ have you bought a refurbished laptop?

http://gizmodo.com/5068267/question-...rbished-laptop

I would. Just as long as it works and is in a very good cosmetic condition.

I bought a refurbished PS2 phat and a pre-owned PSP, both of which were in excellent condition. The way I see it, as long as the source of used or refurbished goods is trustworthy, I'm willing the take the chance something might go wrong. I'm pretty sure my PS2 phat works better than an average one, actually; it may have gotten a high-quality lens during refurbishing.

That's another benefit of refurbishing: they normally throw in all sorts of free accessories or superior components to make the offer even more appealing, not to mention a warranty is normally present. You really can't go wrong as long as it's a trustworthy seller.

Thread Information