Thread: How Many PSPs Have Custom Firmware And Access The PlayStation Store? At Least 15,000

Blog Entries

psp How Many PSPs Have Custom Firmware And Access The PlayStation Store? At Least 15,000

Here’s an interesting discovery pointed out by OnlyOdin (thanks for the tip!!), the most recent version of PSP custom firmware performs a check on the creator’s website before it connects to the PlayStation Store. On October 23rd, six days after the custom firmware went live, there were a total of 46,078 custom firmware connections to the PlayStation Store as determined by the number of hits on dark-alex.org. 15,359 of these connections are “unique hits” which translates to 15,359 unique PSP machines running custom firmware accessing the PlayStation Store directly from their PSP.

We can’t tell if this number is high or low since there isn’t a blanket statistic for how many PSPs with custom firmware are in the wild, but now we know there are at least 15,359 running Dark Alex’s software AND want to browse Sony’s PlayStation Store on their PSPs.

http://www.siliconera.com/2008/10/27...t-least-15000/

I've already downloaded a game, and I plan to continue using the PlayStation Store. It's a great app.

I agree, I'll continue to use the PlayStation Store as well, it's quite convenient.

Noob question here: I can't seem to get Playstation Store downloaded games to work with my 5.00 M33 Slim. I downloaded the games from the store, and have the license in the PSP/LICENSE folder, but whenever I try to run it, I get the "game could not be started" 80010013 error message. Any ideas?

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by KbuPlatinum View Post
    Noob question here: I can't seem to get Playstation Store downloaded games to work with my 5.00 M33 Slim. I downloaded the games from the store, and have the license in the PSP/LICENSE folder, but whenever I try to run it, I get the "game could not be started" 80010013 error message. Any ideas?
    Yep, same here. Just downloaded a demo and get the same error.

Might have downloaded into a wrong folder maybe, will have a check in the morning

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by KbuPlatinum View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveV2 View Post
    Yep, same here. Just downloaded a demo and get the same error.

Might have downloaded into a wrong folder maybe, will have a check in the morning
    -Turn on your PSP, and hold right-shoulder button until you get to the recovery menu.
    -Advanced
    -Advanced Configuration
    -GAME Plugins (disable this)

Your PSN content, including demos, should work now.

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Medion View Post
    -Turn on your PSP, and hold right-shoulder button until you get to the recovery menu.
    -Advanced
    -Advanced Configuration
    -GAME Plugins (disable this)

Your PSN content, including demos, should work now.
    Thanks, all working now

Awesome, thanks a lot. Do you know why this works? What does changing the game plugin do?

Thread Information