Thread: Miyamoto: We Have Many Games in Development for Loyal Nintendo Fans

Blog Entries

General games Miyamoto: We Have Many Games in Development for Loyal Nintendo Fans

Nintendo's incredible success with the DS and Wii platforms in the last few years has been built in large measure on the expanded gaming audience and influx of more casual gamers. While the house that Mario built continues to crank out casual fare like Wii Sports, Wii Fit, Wii Music, Wii Play and more, some in the core audience feel like they're being ignored.

The poor showing at this year's E3 didn't exactly do much to counter this notion either, although the recent Nintendo conference, which unveiled the upcoming Punch-Out, was more encouraging. That said, the hardcore fans want to know when they'll hear more about a new Mario, Zelda, Metroid and other key franchises.

Speaking to GameDaily BIZ, Nintendo's iconic Shigeru Miyamoto promised that Nintendo is currently hard at work on several games for this core audience.

"...for 30 years now I've been making games and for the vast majority of time I've been making the type of games that the loyal Nintendo fans enjoy. Those are the types of games that my career is based on and we're going to continue to make those types of games. In fact, we have many of those types of games in development right now," he assured us.

http://www.gamedaily.com/articles/ne...do-fans/?biz=1

Well, we did get Warioland Shake and Disaster Day of Crisis, among others. But, it is nice to hear they are making some games that tap into what the fans want. Punch-out alone made me jump for joy.

Thread Information