Thread: PQ Practical Intelligence Quotient US ver.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up PQ Practical Intelligence Quotient US ver.

Success HK have this newly released PSP Game:

PQ: Practical Intelligence Quotient has players solve a series of graphical puzzles set in a virtual world. Puzzles include such tasks as moving blocks into required positions while avoiding obstacles. Based on the amount of time and number of moves it takes you to solve the puzzles, the game determines your IQ. As the main focus of the game is to determine your IQ, controls are being kept simple. You'll interact with the game only with the D-pad and with the circle button, which should leave your mind free to think about the solution to the puzzle.

Success HK are selling it for USD 31.24 (£19)

DCEmu Newbie

Looks like Sony is meeting the new year with some new BS.
    I just picked this up yesterday to find that you need firmware 2.5 to run it; as I'm sure you're going to need 2.5 and up to run all new games coming out this year. I tried Fastloader and it didn't get me past the first loading screen before the game crashed.
    As a result of this, my store has been getting returns; mainly from 2.0 users who have no problems with games like GTA and Socom. This whole upgrade thing is not only unfair to gamers but also to D3, the publisher of P.Q., because this whole matter can interfere with the sales of their product. I, for one, support any company (especially small or new publishers and developers) that caters to hardcore gamers with new and inventive games; so even though I have a 1.5, I proudly own a copy. Who knows, maybe, by the time i either get a 2.5 PSP or some ambitious coder comes out with a bypass program, P.Q. will go the way of Intelligent Cube and completely vanish from store shelves.
    What Sony is doing is just rediculous, even for a company that totally embraced Japanese homebrewers years ago with their black PS Net Yaroze and coding contests. I can totally understand stopping ISOs (or misuse thereof) but, now, purposely getting in the way of homebrewers and gamers who demand more than whats being offered on their PSPs? That's not right. I really hope D3 is able to meet their sales expectation with P.Q. despite Sony's assinine involvement.

DCEmu Newbie

Yeah, it just ridiculous. At 1st I was so hyped up to get this PQ game, after I inserted to PSP, the PSP, starting asking me, "To start, you must update to version 2.50 or later." Shoot, now, I CAN'T even play this game. Well, if any1 knows how to bypass that, please feel free to post any info.

Thread Information