Thread: Doom - Duke Nukem - 5.00M33 Compatibility?

Default Doom - Duke Nukem - 5.00M33 Compatibility?

I've been searching around the web trying to find out if either of these work on Firmware 5.00M33.

I've tried several different "versions" if you will and none of them worked. Even when putting in the GAME150 File.

I do have all the .WAD files and the .GRP file from the original game. (Non-Shareware)

Is this something I am doing wrong or are these not compatible with 5.00M33 Firmware? Or did I just not look hard enough?

DCEmu Coder

You want the Chilly Willy version of Doom and D3D for 3/4/5 and TV support. The CW version of D3D also has the sound and music fixed.

Many thanks! Doom is working now.
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; November 1st, 2008 at 21:16.

DCEmu Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Many thanks! Doom is working now.
    The main limitation of that version of Doom is it's based off the original code line. Many patch wads out are designed for some of the extended versions done, like BOOM or ZDoom. So older patch wads will work fine (I love the Doominator wad), but newer ones may or may not.

In case you were wondering, the CW version of Duke3D can be found here:
    http://forums.exophase.com/showthrea...ghlight=duke3d

Download all the zips but the source (unless you want to look at the source), copy over everything in cw1 first, then copy the stuff in cw2-upd over top, then finally copy over the sawwave sound patch in the instruments directory.

Thread Information