Thread: Weird Dosbox behaviour (Burntime)

DCEmu Newbie

Question Weird Dosbox behaviour (Burntime)

Hello,
    first of all please excuse my english, its not my mothertongue.
    Also I am quite new to the PSP-Dosbox and I am sorry if I have overlooked something.

I have a lot of trouble getting a game called "Burntime", one of my all time favorites, to run on PSP.

The odd thing is that it starts and runs nearly perfectly playable at first. Everything works just fine but after a short while (around 5 minutes) the game seems to freeze while switching to a different screen (like when you are opening the inventory).

The odd thing is that the PSP doesn´t crash. The game continues somehow stable but horribly slow (1 FPS or less). At the moment you leave the screen in which this slowdown occured (for example exit the inventory and return do top down view) the game returns to normal speed, perfectly playable and stable until the screen changes again. Then it either crashes or continues displaying 1 FPS.

It doesn´t make any sense to me at all.
    The game works perfectly fine using the normal Dosbox and WinXP. I have tried different versions and settings of dosbox, the game and the recovery menue of the CFW (no plugins or themes). Also i´ve tried to create and mount an image of the game but it wont even load at all.
    Im trying it for a while though and would appreciate any suggestion . As I have said before I´m new to dosbox and it might be that I have simply overlooked something which is obvious to an more experienced user.

If someone wants to give it a try you can find some legal download links here: http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/450/Burntime.html (as far as I know the game has been released to the public by the publisher "Max Design"). BTW one of the best games no-one played .

I use 3.90 M33-2 on a PSP Phat with 1.50 Kernel and pspdosbox0.71(build03.08.2008)
    Recent dosbox.conf:

Spoiler!
    Last edited by KBB; November 12th, 2008 at 18:21. Reason: my english pretty much sucks =)

Thread Information