Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daedalusx64 Version 0.01 A - PSP Alpha Testing - N64 Emu for PSP

Blog Entries

psp Daedalusx64 Version 0.01 A - PSP Alpha Testing - N64 Emu for PSP

No release yet but heres the news from shinydude100

Captain Morgan, Moers, Kreationz, Shinydude100 and Wally Have recieved the compiled eboot of Daedalusx64 Version 0.01 A (Alpha). There are only a few games I've tested out, and what I can say to everyone is that while it isn't %100 full-speed yet, it has had an increase in FPS. Certain games have dramatic speed-increases that are sustained in certain spots like main menus and logos. I almost screamed when I saw the Nintendo Logo on The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time run for like a good second at 129 FPS. Then of course it dropped down, but the menu before initiating game-play ran at about 55-60 Frames per second. The area of the game where Link walks out of his house to be greeted by Sarah, that seemed to run at about 8 Fps Average, but it goes up and down, the Z target makes it jump up to 9 FPS and running around drops it to a 6.8 to 7.. Each PSP may run this differently due to: If your psp is at 333 Mhz, if your options are set the same way I have mine, etc. I have made a short clip of LOZOOT, but don't go crying when you see its impressive frame-rate as other areas are still not fulfilling for some...(That'll be my next goal, to get a caching MUCH like the NeoGeo with Rom Conversion possibly) Well thats it for now, I'll get the video up when I get the nearest chance, You will not ber dissapointed DaedalusX64 Community... just ask the other 4 Authorized Alpha Testers at what they have to say about it. ;-)

Heres some screens:

also this update from chillywilly:

Screenshots of Mario64 running on my TV. The aspect ratio in the pictures looks off, but remember these are a shots of an NTSC TV. I have it set for no overscan. Oh - fixed the screenshot function too. It was dumping the screen after one update when it needed to be dumping after two updates. Now you actually get an image instead of a blank screen.

Discuss via comments

oh wow, ive been out of the scene for a long time..what has happened to Daedalus? is he still coding this thing? any info will be appreciated, i really love this emu...

DCEmu Newbie

This is really exciting, great to see some serious progress being made so quickly.

Wow! i'm really waiting for a release of that.
    Maybe we can finally play mario 64, full speed + sound.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by luis_05 View Post
    oh wow, ive been out of the scene for a long time..what has happened to Daedalus? is he still coding this thing? any info will be appreciated, i really love this emu...
    Yep Awsome news..

Luis didnt u just read this news post?
    Like its some info u wanted..

Not holding out much hope for this. That 129FPS is just a bug, when testing M64 there would be lots of games that would do that at random spots in the game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by $n!pR View Post
    Not holding out much hope for this. That 129FPS is just a bug, when testing M64 there would be lots of games that would do that at random spots in the game.
    I was thinking the same thing lol.. Still I wouldnt mind having a certain person leaking me an early copy of this... You know who you are..

im not so sure about the talents and experiences in this group is enouth for making this emu better. i mean 1-2-3-4 fps better or something is always something but we need a way to really boost this thing up.

so if it really can be anything great out of this i really hope that Exophase could help this group out with many things. it would also be cool if it would be possible to use NJs converting code from his emus. but i wonder what increase those functions could have on the n64 emu?

I thought Nj's catch system was only because the cps-1, 2 , neo geo games are all decrypted.....

DCEmu Old Pro

I thought n64 emulation was dead long ago

looks like this proved me wrong :P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information