Thread: My Dreamcast is thinking once more!

Dreamcast My Dreamcast is thinking once more!

As of Tuesday, I once more have a fully functional Dreamcast.

This would now be my 3rd Dreamcast.
    The first one I sold in late 2002 to get some money for a Playstation 2. After only a few months, I began to miss it.

The second one, the one I recently had laying around for ages (which I got in 2004), stopped outputting video. The story behind it was that my controller port blew, which made an inexperienced me take the Dreamcast apart looking for the problem. When I put it back together, I screwed one of the screws into the wrong hole (the screw went partially into the board), which was right in front of the A/V port.

The third one is composed of parts from two previously broken consoles. I bought a broken Dreamcast (no controller port, broken GD-rom) from Microplay for $8 along with Jet Grind Radio and a Model 1 Genesis AC Adaptor, I also got A/V cables from the PSPdemon. I used the GD-rom and controller port (after twisting the F1 resitor, mind you.. still I'm probably going to have to replace it or get a new resistor) from my 2nd Dreamcast, which both seem to be working fine after hours of play. So far, everything I've tested (except for some GDs I have which havent worked for years) works great, and after many years, I've finally picked up Jet Grind/Set Radio, and it's damn good! I played it for four hours and have an itch to go back for some more!

I even found some of my old homebrew discs in a drawer! All in all, I'm glad to be reunited with Dreamcast. Now onto getting a Saturn! :P

Thanks for reading my Dreamcast history,
    Eviltaco64.

Yay!

Congrats man.

congrats 4 reuniting wef ur dreamcast!

Congrats
    Like Me Dusting of My old SNES

Thread Information