Thread: We got a GPS map viewer.. How about a logger?

DCEmu Newbie

Arrow We got a GPS map viewer.. How about a logger?

I love geotagging photos since I got the 290 thingy.
    It's very useful, especially for photos taken overseas.

However, I noticed that the nmea recordings from mapthis always (i don't know how to say) skip once (one "frame"?) almost every two seconds, making the usage of the captured data pretty much difficult.

So, I was wondering: Is this a glitch from my gps unit (this is the main reason why i started this topic)? Or the mapThis prog?
    If it is a "bug" from mapthis, can we fix it, or even compile a new software like the GPS_290_TEST, which is only used for gps logging in this case?

Thanks in advance.

o.t. i tried both .52 from deniska & nieko. however, the one by nieko gives me a bad gps.txt frequently. either with all 00s in hex, or only got a small number of valid data (not 00s) is this (again) my own problem?

DCEmu Newbie

Hey SP1950, I'm trying to convert my NMEA output into something useful. How do you read gps.txt? With what utility? I tried with gpsbabel, but it doesn't work.

DCEmu Newbie

In the source for Map This, you will discover that Deniska uses libnmeap for storing GPS data in the gps.txt file, more details available at:

http://www.dmh2000.com/nmea/nmeap.shtml

I haven't looked in great detail yet as to what exactly he's writing to the gps.txt file yet. maybe over the christmas break I"ll get on to doing all the things I wanted with MapThis...

Thread Information