Thread: libupnp 1.6.6 PSP port

Blog Entries

psp libupnp 1.6.6 PSP port

News/release from Rex_VF5

OK boys and girls (if any here). As my first project on PSP and an attempt to do some C/C++ coding I decided non-the-less to do UPNP client (I aim for PS3 look-and-feel - i.e. integrated into XMB creating a virtual drive holding all the UPnP servers & available media). The base for this is to be provided by Portable SDK for UPnP Devices (libupnp 1.6.6) With a pthread PSP port it only took few hours to replace some stuff not available on PSP (more time was spent to learn about setting up toolchain, configure scripts, etc). I added conditional compilation everywhere so it should be possible to build for other platforms from the modified sources (haven't tested it though). Here's what to do:

0) Get pthread-emb, cd platform/psp; make; sudo make install Do not forget to copy pthread.h and sched.h to your `psp-config --psp-prefix`/include directory
    1) Apply the provided diff to the libupnp-1.6.6 source
    2) ./configure.psp.sh --disable-samples --enable-debug
    3) sudo make install
    4) cd upnp/test; make

The last step should produce runnable test_init stuff.prx, EBOOT.PBP and PARAM.SFO which should start and stop basic stuff and show some info about it like this:
    Code:

UPNP_VERSION_STRING = "1.6.6"
    UPNP_VERSION_MAJOR = 1
    UPNP_VERSION_MINOR = 6
    UPNP_VERSION_PATCH = 6
    UPNP_VERSION = 10606

UPNP_HAVE_DEBUG = yes
    UPNP_HAVE_CLIENT = yes
    UPNP_HAVE_DEVICE = yes
    UPNP_HAVE_WEBSERVER = yes
    UPNP_HAVE_TOOLS = yes

Initializing UPnP ...
    UPnP Initialized OK ip=192.168.1.3, port=49152

I included a netdialog sample into it to connect to AP at the beginning. However it crashes in pthread-emb in thread creation in harmless(?) assignment of result to a variable - see my post in pthread-emb thread Also I found later that pthread-psp-test hangs on Semaphore test #4 (maybe unrelated to the this thing).

Any help getting this up and running is warmly welcomed. I am really stuck. There is high probability I screwed up something as I am new to PSP development and haven't coded in C/C++ in years (I do Java). I believe many could benefit from having this library working...

libupnp-1.6.6.PSP.diff.zip

DCEmu Newbie

I thought they'd be more excitement about this, getting this project to a stable state would be a brilliant boost to the console.

DCEmu Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Zhadnost View Post
    I thought they'd be more excitement about this, getting this project to a stable state would be a brilliant boost to the console.
    Very little PSP homebrew uses the WiFi, and what does very often doesn't need to worry about the port. This lib would really only be handy for P2P applications, of which I am aware of only one.

Thread Information