Thread: <->Gears Of War 2<->

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

Red face <->Gears Of War 2<->

Just ordered this today of amazon, anyone else picked this up? Better than the first?

Acorn Electron User

I don't have it yet, but I had the chance to play the co-op campaign for several hours on monday round at a mates. It's very good - there's no drastic changes in particular from the existing formula but it feels a little more dynamic and well paced - like the pacing between sections and all-out firefights seems better, and kind of makes the heavy action bits more impactful. I didn't play through to the end but I think it's longer than GoW1. There's some nice new weapons inc. flamethrowers and the graphics look as excellent as they did first time (unless you dislike the art direction/style). Some of the outdoor areas and underground sections look particularly nice.

I'd probably say it's more of the same but a bit bigger and better than before. I wasn't expecting too much from it, but found it very enjoyable. I didn't play the multiplayer, as I've never been a fan of it online, so I can't really comment on how it plays or what new additions have been added. I'm sure some of the GoW addicts here can probably shed some light.
    Last edited by beetroot bertie; November 12th, 2008 at 23:46.

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

I played the online "hord" mode with a few mates, so freaken sweet!!!

Thread Information