Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NeoCD PSP 0.7.1 (NeoCD Emu for PSP)

I still don't understand if this emu has savestates or not.there's no mention in the menu.so,Is there a way to save your state like in other emus or not?

there isnt a save state option but i dont think that would realy get in the way to much.

im still getting I/O errors on Last Blade 1&2, the KOF games ans Real Bout Fatal Fury 2, but am very much enjoying Art Of Fighting 3

keep up the good work!!

DCEmu Newbie

Default Thank you, Voltron.

I had been making folders, dragging the files from the .iso and zipping the whole folder. When I zipped just the files inside (like you suggested) it worked like a charm.

I still cannot get the music to work, however. For example, I have Metal Slug as "metalslug.zip" in my neocdpsp folder. In my MUSIC folder I have a folder named "metalslug". Within that folder the songs are entitled: "metalslug-02.mp3", "metalslug-03.mp3", etc.

Is the folder named incorrectly? Are the songs? The game displays a warning of "Didn't find Track 4" when I start the first level of Metal Slug, but I thought the songs had to have the name of the game and not just "Track 1", "Track 2", etc.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAllah
    I had been making folders, dragging the files from the .iso and zipping the whole folder. When I zipped just the files inside (like you suggested) it worked like a charm.

I still cannot get the music to work, however. For example, I have Metal Slug as "metalslug.zip" in my neocdpsp folder. In my MUSIC folder I have a folder named "metalslug". Within that folder the songs are entitled: "metalslug-02.mp3", "metalslug-03.mp3", etc.

Is the folder named incorrectly? Are the songs? The game displays a warning of "Didn't find Track 4" when I start the first level of Metal Slug, but I thought the songs had to have the name of the game and not just "Track 1", "Track 2", etc.

a. if you typed in the names of the folders exactly like they are on your MS then NO its incorrect.

the folder in the music directory HAS to have the exact name as the folder that alll the files are in. so if you have PSP/GAME/NEOGEOCD/Metal Slug/Neocd.mp3 you can just MOVE the neocd.mp3 folder to the MUSIC directory, and RENAME it to Metal Slug.

worked for me. and you dont have to double them up like I said you can MOVE it there.

DCEmu Newbie

Default Thank you, again.

I actually just figured it out myself. My zipped games I just had floating in the neocdpsp folder. Once I put each game in their own folder with a corresponding name to the music it worked. Thus, I had "metalslug.zip" in a folder named "metalslug". And in my music folder I had all the mp3s in a folder also named "metalslug".

Having the zip in a folder seemed redundant to me, I just figured the emu would truncate the ".zip" and use whatever the name was before the period.

No worries, I now have smooth like buttah, filled with music Metal Slug. Happiness will ensue.

Default Can someone please test PULSTAR &/or IRONCLAD

I'm still stumped concerning my original post. As previously mentioned, while playing Pulstar and Ironclad the audio tracks work at first. The MP3's load fine. If you put game on pause however, the game will not resume the BG music. You'll be playing with just sound effects once game is unpaused. Not the end of the world but I want someone else to test one of these games to see if they get the same problem.

If others experience same problem, it may be a bug in the EMU. If it works fine for others then it will narrow it down some. Any help would be most appreciated.

DCEmu Newbie

Experiencing the same I/O error while playing KOF98 and other KOF series as the previous version (v0.62) does, hope this can be fixed soon.
    Anyway, it's a nice release with alots of update and fix. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Voltron
    I'm still stumped concerning my original post. As previously mentioned, while playing Pulstar and Ironclad the audio tracks work at first. The MP3's load fine. If you put game on pause however, the game will not resume the BG music. You'll be playing with just sound effects once game is unpaused. Not the end of the world but I want someone else to test one of these games to see if they get the same problem.

If others experience same problem, it may be a bug in the EMU. If it works fine for others then it will narrow it down some. Any help would be most appreciated.
    first of all yes, I had the same thing happen.

second of all, why not just activate that handy new select lock, and go to the menuscreen instead of using the pause feature?

seems kinda redundant with this release Im sure there will be another sooner or later that fixes a lot more than the sound on a few titles

Default Thanks Illegal Machine

Thank you for the reply concerning my posts. You are right about going to the menu as an alternative. Simple solution that did not even cross my mind.

Thanks again to everyone involved in making this EMU what it is today. Great work.

To those who are new to the NEO GEO CD and don't some of the best games, what are some recommendations from users in this forum. My 3 Recommendations are as follows:

1.) Pulstar
    2.) Last Resort
    3.) Metal Slug

I understand most neocd games are arcade tipe games,but it would still be nice to have a savestate feature.All the other emus have it,it can' t be that big of a deal to implement.
    Otherwise this is def one of the best emus out there and great great work on the updates!thanks for all the hard work

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information