Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It's a Bird!, It's a Plane!

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

eric i think your are getting me and DCDayDreamer, mixed up!

btw nice release

Quote Originally Posted by Jdemon
    @Green Arrow what's stopping you from backing them up to CD
    And you can always defrag your HDD assuming your not at 100% capacity.
    File sizes have been a tad awkward (can fit maybe 3 episodes of a certain series onto 1 CD but if I could trim off about 10 MB I can fit 4 and save some discs), and I'd like to know how to able to reduce the filesize of some videos without losing too much quality. The other thing that stopped me was I'd need a lot of CD's. I know blank CD's are cheap and all that but I'm unemployed currently and have a lot of bills to pay so it's difficult to spare cash for even some blank CD's currently. I want to learn more about AVI video filesize and quality before trying to convert and burn them all.

Also my PC keeps saying I can't defrag unless I have about 15% ( I think ) free space on the drive. I currently only have 2%

LOL Sorry yeah i keep gettin messed up between the 2 names that begin with D and i also just finish the nightshift before i come on here so i'm pretty tired. I am also currently downloading the file it will take awhile along with the rest aswell. Thanks DCDayDreamer lol. I appoligize for getting mixed up.

Eric

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Green Arrow
    I want to learn more about AVI video filesize and quality before trying to convert and burn them all.

Also my PC keeps saying I can't defrag unless I have about 15% ( I think ) free space on the drive. I currently only have 2%
    You might want to check out http://www.videohelp.com/ they also have links or downloads to all the free software tools you will need. I'm guessing VirtualDub will be quite good for your purposes.

You also might want to consider an additional hard drive as a better alternative to burning all thoes CD's. I know there is cost involved, but you'd be suprised at the valuable PC components you can salvage from your local dump/transfer station/tip.

Anyway...back to the topic...

The Superman AVI's look great on my PC and on the Dreamcast, but I think I like watching them best on my PSP Thanks again!

@Green Arrow - This tutorial should help you out.
    DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
    DC Evolution - Disc Images
    The DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.

Quote Originally Posted by curt_grymala
    @Green Arrow - This tutorial should help you out.

Yeah I just tried that with episodes of garth merenghi's darkplace that I have and for some reason while the converted video works fine on PC, when I run it on the Dreamcast the screen goes mostly plain green and sort of corrupted and the first sound repeats over and over. Does it matter that my version of the DivX codec is 5.2.1 as opposed to 5.0 in the tutorial? I matched up all the options mentioned in it.

You need v5.0.0 !

I think DCDayDreamer is using 5.1.0 or sth but I never had luck with that version so I'm using v5.0.0.

Darn, I hate messing with these Divx codecs. Last time I did it caused odd graphic problems on some videos and caused others to have serious synchronization problems. Ok.. I'll try to find 5.0.0

Actually, anything up to 5.0.2 will work just fine. Anything after 5.0.2 will not work.

I know it's a pain in the butt, but it's worth it.

BTW - You can download older versions of DivX here.
    DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
    DC Evolution - Disc Images
    The DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Arrow
    Darn, I hate messing with these Divx codecs. Last time I did it caused odd graphic problems on some videos and caused others to have serious synchronization problems. Ok.. I'll try to find 5.0.0

Just installed 5.0 and now all my newest videos have the same problems again I mentioned in the quoted part there.
    Am I gonna have keep reinstalling DivX versions again and again if I wanna make DC versions and still run recently downloaded videos?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information