Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It's a Bird!, It's a Plane!

Default It's a Bird!, It's a Plane!

No!, it's Superman at DC Evolution!

To start off the 2006 releases, we're releasing a media image, this is a straight forward 'boot up and watch the classics' CD for your Dreamcast, the CD image uses DCDivX by Mark Dukette with the complete set of the very first Superman cartoons ever created. The animations can also be played on your PC - just burn the image and pop your CDR into your CD/DVD ROM drive and use Windows Media Player (or your favourite media player) to view the cartoons (you may need the DivX codec for your PC).

Superman (the character) was only 4 years old when the first of these animations appeared at movie theatres, the cartoons (produced as short films) were also the first cinematic incarnations of the man of steel, they are a must see for any animation or Superman fan.
    The cartoons now reside in the Public Domain, we've gathered them all together, and to the best of our knowledge, this is the first time that all 17 cartoons have been made available in any format as a 'one file' download from any site.

For the site page, info, CD covers, and CD image download - go here: http://www.dcevolution.net/goto.php?id=69

To bad i cant grab the images off the site i keep getting disconnected. There is lots of interesting things on that site and i would love review this cause to me this really a family bunch of images to enjoy for a couple of hours.

Eric thats right im sad

Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    To bad i cant grab the images off the site i keep getting disconnected. There is lots of interesting things on that site and i would love review this cause to me this really a family bunch of images to enjoy for a couple of hours.

Eric thats right im sad
    We used to have a download script in place at DC Evolution, Skyhawk has stopped the script because people were having problems, plus we've had a major update to the site. Try and download again (maybe one of the smaller images to begin with) to see if you can get the whole file without being disconnected.

If you're still having problems PM me and I'll give you a direct link to whatever file you want.

Blog Entries

bloody hell, what a bolt out of the blue, ive sent the news off to slashdot etc, lets hope you get just deserts for another great release

yeah it happened again bro i'm on dial up thats why i am having more trouble with it

Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    yeah it happened again bro i'm on dial up thats why i am having more trouble with it
    I used dialup for years before broadband hit my area, I also used this to good effect:

http://www.getright.com/

You'll need the direct url to the file though so PM me if you find the software any good.

Blog Entries

that or flashget

Great stuff. Just burned it to CD, ain't tried it on my DC yet cos my friend's busy using the big TV with my PS2, but I just loaded up some of the videos while the disc was still in the CD writer. Am curious though. Says here "please note that your movies will need to be encoded to suit DCDivX's limitations". What are the limitations? I want to put my Justice League and Gargoyles episodes (and pretty much any video file that's on my PC to be honest, would clear me about 60% of my drive and I could finally defrag the thing) onto CD and be able to run them from PC or DC like this Superman one.

Thanks Wrag and Darksaviour for the info i did end up getting Get Right and i sent the PM to you Darksaviour. I used to use Get Right and Flashget so i know what this thing is about its actually a great program.

Thanks Again

Eric

Cool

Thanks for posting DCDayDreamer!

The old DC has been in storage for a little while now, this is as good an excuse as any to pull it out and dust it off.

@Green Arrow what's stopping you from backing them up to CD
    And you can always defrag your HDD assuming your not at 100% capacity.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information