Thread: Totally Blizzard's fault: Boy collapses after WotLK marathon

Blog Entries

IRC Chat Totally Blizzard's fault: Boy collapses after WotLK marathon

Although most bets on real-world Wrath of the Lich King drama had good odds on it involving a dead gamer in Asia, we're sure the media will be more than happy to take its pound of flesh from an exhausted Swedish boy as the latest victim of "game addiction." The 15-year-old went into convulsions following a marathon World of Warcraft session in which he hardly ate or slept.

Doctors say the boy will make a full recovery and the child's father expressed he'll limit the amount of time his son plays from now on. That must be awful for the dad; now he has to make sure his son is eating properly and pay attention to how the boy is spending his time. Parental responsibility is, like, totally not fun.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/11/17/to...otlk-marathon/

DCEmu Newbie

Dude if I spent that much time playing when I was a kid, my parents would have noticed by the end of the first day and blacked out the power to my room.

Quote Originally Posted by wraggster View Post
    Doctors say the boy will make a full recovery and the child's father expressed he'll limit the amount of time his son plays from now on. That must be awful for the dad; now he has to make sure his son is eating properly and pay attention to how the boy is spending his time. Parental responsibility is, like, totally not fun.
    Seriously. Maybe if I let my niece do this, my sister will pay more attention to her. She doesn't seem to have fun with parental responsibility either.

DCEmu Newbie

Doesn't say how many hours straight the marathon was. I'd bet he was playing 9+ hours straight.

Thread Information